So, I just retired from my first job (I'm 42), and as a gift I get to pick one thing. Price limit is around $5k -$7.5k. As an example, when my wife retired 3 years ago she got a horse (saddle and trailer as well).

Of the things I enjoy, I'm debating on:
A new quad-runner
A new guitar
An older motorcycle to restore (I'm a mechanic).

Gonna be a tough choice for sure, but if you had a choice, what would you get.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
guitar obviously.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Custom Guitar. And custom amp too
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
1959 Flying V Korina for sure!
"It's better to be kind. Being clever or good looking is subjective. Kindness is essential" - Ricky Gervais
I have a '73 Kawasaki triple you can buy for 5000, it is a perfect restore project ,it is defiantly not that expensive, but hey you listed the price :P
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Last edited by HowToFly at Jun 9, 2011,
You come to a guitar forum and expect us to pick something that isn't a guitar?
;]
What do you mean by "quad-runner"? Do mean a four wheeler/ATV? If so, do you already have one, and if yes, what kind/size/condition? Do you have somewhere to ride it?

As much as I love guitars, I'd take the four wheeler.

What do/did you do for a living?
lol, you guys are a blast. I did figure to get plenty of guitar answers!

I don't have an ATV right now, but I have owned one before, and I would have plenty of places to ride it.

As far as PRS goes, I have seriously considered the SC 245, I had a chance to play one and it felt very nice!

<< I was a Jet Engine Mechanic in the U.S. Air Force, joined 20 days after high school and I'm now retired. Depending on enlisted rank, you can retire as early as 20 years or as late as 30 years...I did 24 >>

Notice that I said I was retired from my first job...I'll be starting a second career soon enough.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Last edited by bkmurff at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by bkmurff
lol, you guys are a blast. I did figure to get plenty of guitar answers!

I don't have an ATV right now, but I have owned one before, and I would have plenty of places to ride it.

As far as PRS goes, I have seriously considered the SC 245, I had a chance to play one and it felt very nice!

<< I was a Jet Engine Mechanic in the U.S. Air Force, joined 20 days after high school and I'm now retired. Depending on enlisted rank, you can retire as early as 20 years or as late as 30 years...I did 24 >>

Notice that I said I was retired from my first job...I'll be starting a second career soon enough.

Nice, my dad's best friends son is a jet engine mechanic. Must of paid some good money.

If you go with that PRS SC 245 you prolly would have enough to get yourself a nice used Yamaha 250 or 350 ATV, once they are used the price drops a ton, never buy a brand new ATV, $4000 for a brand new one is a rip off. My 94 chevy silverado ain't even worth $3000, and it's in great shape.
Quote by JAHellraiser
Custom Guitar. And custom amp too

Yeah this, you'll probably have enough leftover for a really wrecked up motorcycle to restore.
Buy yourself a nice old Les Paul or something that will increase in value. That way, by the time you are in your 60's and need a car or a condo or something you will have equity.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Quote by bkmurff

Congrats on your retirement. I'd get a Les Paul but I'm bias.

If you can put up with a decade of BS I'd recommend trying to land a government job. You can buy your years of service and retire with full benefits in 10 from that too. We have a lot of people that do that where I work.
a guitar tbh. can't ride motorcycles and quadrunner is ATV im guessing so no room for that, plus i wouldnt enjoy it as much

i'd get the money in cash then buy several guitars and 2 or 3 good amps and some pedals