What's the problem you're finding? Is the sound of your singing bad?
Explain. Look into this: http://www.thebelcantotechnique.com/

This should solve that. When done right you literally inhale while singing.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at Jun 9, 2011,
ty well what i do is inhale i followed the singing for dummies. And no matter what my throat hurts after singing. I think is why when i sing. I hold my breath instead of letting it out smoothly and natural. LIke im squeezing the air out. I dunno how to describe it.

ty for the find of the bel tech. I dont wanna be a opera singer tho heh
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Good singing is good singing. That exact technique is used by singers in hard-rock/'80's metal, blues, pop, roots/folk, and broadway singers.... as well as classical singers.

One example... www.planethelix.com. He learned from the same teacher I did, and the belcantotechnique.com is my site. So, I'm positive he learned from the same teacher I did.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You say you are using your diaphragm. How are you using it?

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

When i exhale i pushing or release from diaphram its louder and more fuller. What is the proper way to release the air once u have it in u? I know only ur tummy moves and. Hest stays same. I always feel like im pushing air outthe wrong way.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal

What I found to really help me. Is to focus on more of your face mouth tongue movements. Using your diaphragm is one thing. But to incorporate that with your tongue and facial muscles (words) is another challenge.

If you stay in your most comfortable range. I like to use the Ahh sound. Dont push, Do not attempt to do this loudly try to sing as natural as possible. Effortless. Yawn when you take in breaths and smile (mask the face) when you sing. Yawning just helps open your throat.

Cover songs are hard to learn to sing because what you hear is not you. I would advise trying some opera sounding stuff to cool cord progressions.

If you focus on more effortless singing keeping your face relaxed your diaphragm should do its job naturally.

The mental aspect of singing is very important and should not go over looked. You need to learn how to sing mentally which goes soley on feelings because you cant see anything. basically you want to put everything in the right order.

Increasing and decreasing volume (dynamics) also known as "messa di voce" IS a great way to exsersize projection. Light hums with your mouth closed is a great way to learn to resonate in your nasal cavities.

picture your breath moving backwards and upwards in your mouth area seems to help resonate when singing words.

The list goes on.

Since i know you have been here awhile, Im not going to bother with diaphragm details because if you take in air correctly your diaphragm will do its part. The biggest thing is singing effortlessly. So do it