This is probably a pretty stupid question, but for quite some time, I have been playing out of a jcm 900, and plugging the footswitch input with one of the line selector footswitches that come with a mg100hdfx. Would a better switch affect tone/sound of the amp/guitar at all? It seems like an obvious answer, why would switches of different prices exist if they are all the same? Probably just to match up with amps. I usually can't hear much of a difference when I play with or without it.
Quote by andyhatescrass
This is probably a pretty stupid question, but for quite some time, I have been playing out of a jcm 900, and plugging the footswitch input with one of the line selector footswitches that come with a mg100hdfx. Would a better switch affect tone/sound of the amp/guitar at all? It seems like an obvious answer, why would switches of different prices exist if they are all the same? Probably just to match up with amps. I usually can't hear much of a difference when I play with or without it.

because some are more durable than others; im pretty sure theres no effect on the tone
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.