So I have this old crappy amp (don't we all?) and about a year ago the speaker blew out. When it happened I didn't know anything about amps or speakers, now I know enough to replace the speaker. My problem is I can't find any 4" speakers, does anyone know of websites that sell this size of speaker? Thanks in advance!
you're a stone fox
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Last edited by DuctTapeNinja at Jun 9, 2011,
Just replace it with a 8 inch speaker, as long as it's the same ohm rating, doubt wattage would be a problem at that size, you'll be fine. You might have to do some custom fitting, but it'd work.

I tried to find a 6.5 inch speaker for my Ibanez ACA10 and it was impossible, they don't make guitar speakers under 8 inches, as far as I know.
Quote by DuctTapeNinja

I didn't think of this because I mostly use Amazon.
you're a stone fox
Quote by ethan_hanus
Just replace it with a 8 inch speaker, as long as it's the same ohm rating, doubt wattage would be a problem at that size, you'll be fine. You might have to do some custom fitting, but it'd work.

I tried to find a 6.5 inch speaker for my Ibanez ACA10 and it was impossible, they don't make guitar speakers under 8 inches, as far as I know.

They do they're just tough to find
you're a stone fox
Quote by DuctTapeNinja
eBay

+1

Also try radio and car audio parts shops (eg radioshack)
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by ethan_hanus

Ah yes, Fender Champ 600's don't exist....but under 6", good luck.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by GABarrie
+1

Also try radio and car audio parts shops (eg radioshack)

Seriously? Its the same type of speaker?
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
They do they're just tough to find

Yeah, they makes tons of 4 inch speakers, for you car, or home, not for a guitar amplifier. Why, because it's a cheap practice amp, they never expect you to care about replacing the speaker if it goes bad, which, during the life of the amp, it shouldn't, and the amps are cheap enough that if the speaker does go bad, it would be cheaper to buy a new amp rather than buy a new speaker.

That is why nobody stocks 4 inch replacement speakers for guitar amplifiers.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, they makes tons of 4 inch speakers, for you car, or home, not for a guitar amplifier. Why, because it's a cheap practice amp, they never expect you to care about replacing the speaker if it goes bad, which, during the life of the amp, it shouldn't, and the amps are cheap enough that if the speaker does go bad, it would be cheaper to buy a new amp rather than buy a new speaker.

That is why nobody stocks 4 inch replacement speakers for guitar amplifiers.

Well, actually I was planning on selling it for more than its worth...
you're a stone fox
Whoever said just use an 8" speaker. The enclosure for a 4" speakers has a tuning that is determined by the internal volume/port dimensions. Popping in an 8" speaker would most likely not work well with the box and could cause some bad resonance and sound quality.

BUT... you are speaking of a single 4" speaker. It's unlikely that sound quality is important.
Quote by Saint78

You want my advice? The guitar was prolly the majority of that price, which is a little over $100, so that amp brand new can't be worth more than $25. I'd throw it away, it's not worth trying to get a new speaker for it, you'll just end up spending more than the amp is worth.
Quote by ethan_hanus
You want my advice? The guitar was prolly the majority of that price, which is a little over $100, so that amp brand new can't be worth more than $25. I'd throw it away, it's not worth trying to get a new speaker for it, you'll just end up spending more than the amp is worth.

Alright, that's what I was probably gonna do anyway, just checking my options.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Seriously? Its the same type of speaker?

Nope, but you ain't gonna find a guitar speaker at 4" so a full range car or radio one would substitute to a point
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by Fingerboy18
Whoever said just use an 8" speaker. The enclosure for a 4" speakers has a tuning that is determined by the internal volume/port dimensions. Popping in an 8" speaker would most likely not work well with the box and could cause some bad resonance and sound quality.

BUT... you are speaking of a single 4" speaker. It's unlikely that sound quality is important.

I don't think the amp sounds likely to have been "tuned" at first so i doubt that's going to make much difference lol.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
I don't think the amp sounds likely to have been "tuned" at first so i doubt that's going to make much difference lol.

You may be right about that haha! Those crappy little practice amps seems to be just thrown together.