How should I go about getting a job?

I'm 14 and I'm a freshman that will be a Sophomore after the summer.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

1. Get a work permit.
2. Get job applications
3. Fill out job applications
4. Go for interviews if necessary
5. Get job.

Alternatively, you could just wear really short shorts and parade up and down main street for most of the night.
Are you old enough? I thought you had to be like 15 1/2 to work in the US.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
People dont hire below 16 I think. If you do get a job, good job. If you cant just mow lawns.
you're a stone fox
Don't ask me, I'm turning 20 and am unemployed.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by rgrockr

I'm pretty sure you have to be at least 14
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
I'm pretty sure you have to be at least 14

I'm pretty sure you're just saying that because you want a job.
Quote by Saint78
People dont hire below 16 I think. If you do get a job, good job. If you cant just mow lawns.

They don't, I'm 20 and they still wont hire me.

Mowing lawns is an excellent job for a 14 year old looken for some extra cash, make a business out of it.
Quote by rgrockr

In South Dakota, you can get a driver's permit and start working at 14. I worked at Dairy Queen for 2 years back then
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Do you want any job, or is there something you'd like to do?

Go to all the industrial areas/warehouses that are within reasonable distance. Go to all the auto/welding/woodworking/paint/whatever shops that have their doors open. Walk in, introduce yourself and tell them you want to sweep floors a couple of hours a week. Ask about what they make/fix, ask if there is an opportunity to learn how to make/fix it, ask about the machines and express interest in learning how to use them. Explain that you are only 14 and you know that you can't actually work other than "shop boy" for another 2 years but you'd be glad to push a broom and mop a floor for them. If it is a woodworking shop, tell them you are a guitar player and think that after time, working there might help you someday build your own guitar. if it is an auto shop, tell them that in 2 years when you start driving, you won't be able to buy a nice car, so learning about repair and maintenance is something you'd like to do. Whatever it is, show them you are there for more than just some money and that you have a genuine interest in what they do.

If you want some indoor, clean "how can I help you" job, ignore all that and grow a set !
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
racketeering.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by toby3p0
In South Dakota, you can get a driver's permit and start working at 14. I worked at Dairy Queen for 2 years back then

So, unless TS lives or South Dakota or another state with a similar law, he's stuck mowing lawns for cash.
1. Become 16
2. Grow a vagina and boobs
3. ????
4. Profit!
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by KYmonster
What you really need, is a new amp.

i lol'd

TS, get used to the gentle roar of a lawnmower engine.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
My first 'Job' was distributing narcotics to my fellow classmates. I was 15 at the time.

I made anywhere from $500 to 1000 a week.

I saved almost $15,000 from my income when I graduated from high school.

I am now majoring in Electrical Engineering.

Remember, do what you have to do.
My greatest piece of advice would be to not just go online and fill out applications, but go to the smaller stores in your area. they receive less attention from job-seekers thus, increasing your chances at getting hired.

or

1. Start mowing yards
2. Sabotage every lawn mower in a 3 mile radius from your house
3. ???
4. monopolize
Quote by son_of_bodom
My greatest piece of advice would be to not just go online and fill out applications, but go to the smaller stores in your area. they receive less attention from job-seekers thus, increasing your chances at getting hired.

or

1. Start mowing yards
2. Sabotage every lawn mower in a 3 mile radius from your house
3. ???
4. monopolize

lol I don't think that would work
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Yeah man your best bet at 14 is either mowing lawns or working for a tree service. Be prepared to work your ass off i started at 13 and did it for 4 years.
Make sure that you call the places you apply to and ask about your application. They want people who really want the job.