So I was browsing craigslist at work today and stumbled upon a very rare deal. I'm pretty luck with CL in my area and scored a mint condition Blues Jr last summer for $225. I saw this deal and couldn't pass it up (or patiently wait in line).....

Yeeeuppp, a Paul C Timmy

And for the skeptics out there, it IS all it's cracked up to be. Dialed in some sweet tones on the blues jr with the gain about 80% up, bass at noon, and treble at 3 o'clock. Also have the switch up (for a-sem clipping) and man.... this puppy is sweet.

Super dynamic.... moreso than my OCD... higher fidelity for cord work... I kinda wish it had a bit more gain (80% gain on the timmy is probably like 50% gain on my OCD in HP mode). I'm hesitant to have it be the only drive pedal for my band (as we rock pretty hard) but I will test it Monday and report back.

EDIT: Also tested it with the mesa rec... with bottom position switch (symmetical clip), volume high, and just a hair of gain...... HOLY HELL.... it is better and tighter than any tubescreamer boost... the "cut" function of the tone knobs works miracles for sound shaping

Family shot:

Last edited by Magicpad at Jun 9, 2011,
nice grab! how much did you get it for?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
EDIT: Also tested it with the mesa rec... with bottom position switch (symmetical clip), volume high, and just a hair of gain...... HOLY HELL.... it is better and tighter than any tubescreamer boost... the "cut" function of the tone knobs works miracles for sound shaping
Quote by lbj273
nice grab! how much did you get it for?

$140... yeah I know slightly over premium (lol like I said... impatient impulse buy)

The guy was also selling a diamond trem for $200.... I pitched him $300 for both but he balked and said he may keep the trem anyways.
dude $140 is a phenomenal price for a Timmy. They are $129 new from Paul, and most grab at least $185 on the used market
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by Magicpad

Family shot:

Now there's a family portrait to stick in your wallet and show to random strangers on buses!

Have you tried using the EP boost to goose the Timmy?
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Now there's a family portrait to stick in your wallet and show to random strangers on buses!

Have you tried using the EP boost to goose the Timmy?

I did... it's interesting... a lot different from boosting my OCD (which used to be in the Timmy's place). It seems to have a more noticeable volume boost, and less of a gain boost (unless you really crank the EP). I typically use the EP just on the clean channel and as a gain boost for creamier leads for solos, bridges, etc....
Wow... you have a plutonium chi wah... how's that working out for you?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I dig your board, just needs some fuzz.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

sweet

if it weren't for the wait i'd probably have a timmy by now...

hey, just out of interest, what does the switch do- switch between symmetrical and asymmetrical clipping?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you have good impulses.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by mcraddict81592
I dig your board, just needs some fuzz.

You must be reading my mind.... still in the research phase, but I'm leaning towards some of Devi Ever's stuff.... any recommendations?

Quote by ragingkitty
Wow... you have a plutonium chi wah... how's that working out for you?

It's awesome.... the most fun I've had with a wah wah since.... ever! The momentary rocker is great for adding color to a short solo passage or the end of a cord progression. Lots of different tone options too.

Quote by Dave_Mc

hey, just out of interest, what does the switch do- switch between symmetrical and asymmetrical clipping?

Yea, up is a-sym (my favorite when using it as a stand alone drive) and the middle and down positions are sym... the middle position seems like it has a brighter output while down seems a bit darker.
thanks
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Magicpad
You must be reading my mind.... still in the research phase, but I'm leaning towards some of Devi Ever's stuff.... any recommendations?

Personally, I like the Torn's Peaker for crunchy riffs, the Aenima for heavy muffish fuzz, and the Never Drive for leads. Or the Destructo Noctavia...if you can handle it.

Mmmmmm Timmy. I dig it.

On the fuzz front, check out JHS. If you're looking for a good boutique modern fuzz, I don't know of any better than the Astro Mess.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Magicpad

Unless you just want noisemakers, I'd stay away from Devi. They're crude designs and it shows. What are you looking for in a fuzz?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Natrone
Mmmmmm Timmy. I dig it.

On the fuzz front, check out JHS. If you're looking for a good boutique modern fuzz, I don't know of any better than the Astro Mess.

I actually really liked the sound clip of the JHS mini fuzz.... very cool sounding.

I think my ideal fuzz would be kinda grungy sounding... like the Smashing Pumpkins or Bush.... I'm not really into classic rock fuzz tones or shoegaze fuzz tones
Quote by mmolteratx
Unless you just want noisemakers, I'd stay away from Devi. They're crude designs and it shows. What are you looking for in a fuzz?

Crude designs? It's fuzz.

Quote by Magicpad
I actually really liked the sound clip of the JHS mini fuzz.... very cool sounding.

I think my ideal fuzz would be kinda grungy sounding... like the Smashing Pumpkins or Bush.... I'm not really into classic rock fuzz tones or shoegaze fuzz tones

Have you heard the Rocket fuzz by Devi?