That thing where everyone would sign up and be set to face eachother in a writing composition face off on the bass!
Set to the specific rules and the type of music?
for the life of me a cant remember what it was called, and we should have one very soon!
who agrees????

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
A "bass-off"?
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
ya exactly lol but it was organized in tournament style, there would be thread where everyone would sign up, then someone would make the matches, each round had different rules and stuff. and everyone would up load their recording, then there would be a thread where everyone voted on the winner and gave their feedback

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Last edited by Narcotics at Jun 10, 2011,
i was trying to find an old one but i cant remember what its called, there is a post on my wall where im talking with someone i was against that reminded me.

I'd be up for that.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I think you are talking about Bass Wars, there hasn't been one for a while but I am sure you could speak to a mod and get another set up.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
oh yeah, I always wondered what 'the bass wars' were.i have seen a couple on peoples profiles
no sir away a papaya war is on
DAN! CONOR! GET YOUR WELSH ARSES IN HERE!!!

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think

You called?

It was called Bass Wars. They're a great idea on paper, but most of the time they don't fall through because nobody can actually be arsed to go through with the idea. I think we've only ever heard one successful Bass Wars. By all means you're welcome to start another one though.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I think I was around for a few of the failures haha i think half the reason they failed is because a lot of the people who are on here a lot say music isnt a competition, so they dont participate. then the noob kids and whatever will do it and its just not as fun haha maybe instead of a bass war there could be a bass collaboration thread? like a bass specific place to post new lines, songs, and ideas? make it more of a community effort to better peoples abilities. I know theres a whole section devoted to that on UG, but a bass specific one would be cool. then maybe we'd stop having the "improve my technique" threads haha
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I remember the bass wars I organised...that was a complete failure. It didn't help that I got banned during the second round

Someone did win though - was it WhyLater? Can't remember
Last edited by smb at Jun 10, 2011,
Quote by smb
I remember the bass wars I organised...that was a complete failure. It didn't help that I got banned during the second round

Someone did win though - was it WhyLater? Can't remember

I won. Ben lost, that's all we need to remember.

And he's at Download so he can't dispute my claim.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
I won. Ben lost, that's all we need to remember.

And he's at Download so he can't dispute my claim.

You're only saying that 'cause he's not here

Quote by bassman10101
I think I was around for a few of the failures haha i think half the reason they failed is because a lot of the people who are on here a lot say music isnt a competition, so they dont participate. then the noob kids and whatever will do it and its just not as fun haha maybe instead of a bass war there could be a bass collaboration thread? like a bass specific place to post new lines, songs, and ideas? make it more of a community effort to better peoples abilities. I know theres a whole section devoted to that on UG, but a bass specific one would be cool. then maybe we'd stop having the "improve my technique" threads haha

I believe there a Bass Forum album a while back, or I may just be getting senile in my *ahem* old age.
Quote by skater dan0
giaco picked those up like clothing off the floor.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Giaco's entrys were always great. I still have an mp3 of his in my Itunes
Quote by skater dan0
Yup, Giaco won two of those.

I enjoyed listening to them but never entered because of time contraints and the fact you blokes were always tonnes better than I am.
i think i was here for bass was 1 2 and 3 and i remember one of them failing. i think and i was in one of them and i remember i had blues (from the comment on my page) and i just did like the black velvet open E string groove haha.
But ya i might have a sign up thread to see how many people would be serious. Even if it be only a couple matches,

oh dang, lol
i like the idea