So I recently tried out a used ovation ( Celebrity Deluxe CDX44) and its SO WONDERFUL>< but the last 2 frets(high E) close to the attachment on the neck has the 2 fret 1 note problem.

Later he called back and said he simply raised the bridge and fixed the problem. To me it's not making much sense... Could it be:
-Loose fret?
-Common fret wear?
-Other things i'm not aware of?

I understand that ovations are not made with just wood and has a lot of funky materials going on. I like to stay on the safe side so any pointers would be appreciated!

Link to guitar info: http://www.amazon.com/Ovation-Celebrity-Deluxe-Mid-Depth-Acoustic-Electric/dp/B0014656UI
Last edited by howangcturtle at Jun 10, 2011,
Raising the bridge would fix it, it raises the angle from the fret to the bridge so the string doesn't hit the next fret.
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
I'm paying $450 for this. Would like to make sure it's worth the money. Is there a way of telling a potential loose fret, neck problem or even cracks or other thing that may develop? I've seen a number of ovations splitting (then there are a bunch that lived happily ever after of course)

Also I recall someone telling me the the fretboad that attaches to the body usually has a small shim(sort of like a triangle) on most guitars to give space for wood to expand and shrink as a precaution to humidity issue, but this one is just straight... just thought i'd note on that.