MUSIC VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyfUW3n6Gzg&feature=channel_video_title

Spotify link: http://open.spotify.com/album/2Ed9jliAfxBfAfLighOXv8

Hello everyone!

After the splitting up of my former band REPENT, my new band SHADOWMIND have finally completed our first demo. The music can be described as brutal, yet melodic with some softer parts. I know that a lot of you will hate this, but hopefully someone will like it too! We have done everything ourselves - recording, mixing and mastering on a zero budget.

You can listen to everything for free here, and even buy the whole demo for $3 if you like us that much:
Shadowmind on Bandcamp

And if you do like it, consider upping our like count on Facebook

... Or add us on Myspace

Also, we are on Youtube

Update: UG profile up! Shadowmind on UG
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
Last edited by Dores at Jul 15, 2011,
Amazing stuff and quality for doing it yourselves! Just like you said, its nice and heavy and yet melodic at the same time, I really like that. Keep it up and good luck!
Excellently recorded songs considering it's all done yourself! The songs are very enjoyable to listen to, a good mix of heavy and soft becoming almost anthemic at parts. I'm a fan, very nicely done guys.
its so freakin awesome! the quality is practically studiolike. The riffs and harmonies remind me of earlier Trivium and the vocals sound like Lazarus A.D. I like the midtempo grooves. It's not too in-your-face, and combined with the singing, it's pretty sick. I made sure to like you on facebook so my friends can know what music is. Thanks for commenting on my band
Thanks a lot guys! Really encouraging to hear. Stay tuned, as we are working on out first full length album already!

Bandcamp
Facebook
Cool stuff! Solid all the way around. This is only a matter of taste but it would be cool to hear longer instrumental sections or longer solo/lead sections. For example, in the song "Rebirth" it think, I was hoping the clean part would have been extended a little more. And the same goes for the solo at the end.
Thanks man. We are probably going to include more instrumental stuff in the future full length album, and maybe even some purely instrumental songs.

Bandcamp
Facebook
The vocals style is a little generic, but I do appreciate how sparingly clean vocals were used. It wasn't a gimmick, and they weren't whiny. Overall its pretty good. Production-wise, and instrumentally, its very well done.
I am quite impressed. These are of better quality than some bands who have thousands upon thousands of dollars to spend on recording and the like! I liked you guys on Facebook, and will buy the EP some time soon, when I have the money!

The only thing I didn't really like were the clean vocals, but, it wasn't that they were bad, they just weren't my style =P
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
You're pretty decent. You're tight as musicians and it shows on Rebirth straight away :p. Personally I don't really dig your clean vocals, but as FrauVfromPoB said I like the fact that you have used it sparingly and more tastefully. But on the whole, I'm really liking you guys
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Wow, great sound quality! and like the feedback you gave me, I don't really listen to this kind of music but I enjoyed it very much. It kind of reminded me of a great band, Misery Signals.
Quote by WGSband
Wow, great sound quality! and like the feedback you gave me, I don't really listen to this kind of music but I enjoyed it very much. It kind of reminded me of a great band, Misery Signals.

Thanks! That's interesting, because you are the second person to mention that it sounds like Misery Signals, even no nobody in my band, including me, have ever listened to hem.

We are shooting a music video for "Rebirth" today. Should be awesome, and if everything goes according to plan, it's out in a few days/weeks. Stay tuned folks! We are also working on new songs for a future single and full length album.

Bandcamp
Facebook