Is this a Satriani piece?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jun 10, 2011,
i prefer the japanese girl dry humping her guitar

sounds better, too
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I never liked playing Gibsons.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I think he was stroking out the whole time actually.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
shredding isnt everything IMO
personally i only play acoustic. i think its a more honest form of playing guitar.
although i definitely respect any player who can jam some awesome licks on an electric i just prefer acoustic.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Dad, what did i tell you bout playing my goddamn guitar?!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Harvey Swick
personally i only play acoustic. i think its a more honest form of playing guitar.
although i definitely respect any player who can jam some awesome licks on an electric i just prefer acoustic.

wat
Only playing acoustic isn't the honest form of playing guitar. The honest form of playing guitar is practicing it, and not just playing it to shred, but to actually play it.
With electric and acoustic, there is no winner in whats better
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by vicarious46
Dad, what did i tell you bout playing my goddamn guitar?!

This!
Quote by Harvey Swick

Good for you...

On Topic: That was horrible. But I think we can safely say he has sliding down pretty tight
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
The whole thing was aweful. The worst part was where he leaned in and winked at the camera.

Are you being serious TS? I'm hardly a good guitarist, but he makes me look like the man.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Why does he have pictures of the chuckle brothers on his wall behind him?
MY EARS D:

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by EnyoAdonai
The whole thing was aweful. The worst part was where he leaned in and winked at the camera.

Are you being serious TS? I'm hardly a good guitarist, but he makes me look like the man.

But I agree, the wink was cringeworthy...
Sounds like he has every dial on his amp turned to 11. Nasty shit.
Also...is that a Dale Earnhardt shrine all over his wall?
Quote by skylerjames13
wat
Only playing acoustic isn't the honest form of playing guitar. The honest form of playing guitar is practicing it, and not just playing it to shred, but to actually play it.
With electric and acoustic, there is no winner in whats better

i agree that the only way to play guitar would be to practice and play music that you enjoy.
for the sake of music not trying to get laid/famous etc.

all i meant was that with an electric you get amplifiers, effects, pedals etc. and with acoustic its just you and the guitar. albeit you could hook your acoustic up and use amps, pedals, etc but i dont.

the sound that i get out of my acoustic is the sound that i worked and practiced for
not what some machine allows me to do.

no offense to the electric enthusiasts. once again i completely respect any guitarist who can shred on an electric and i dont think either is better or worse. i just enjoy acoustic thats all.

It did get significantly better towards the end but it still made me want to burn my guitars because some old guy trying to play a guitar and winking at a camera could well be all I think of everytime I see them now.
Thanks a lot, asshole.
Quote by Harvey Swick

Why are you telling us this?
Quote by Arnulf.
Why are you telling us this?

sorry guys. i thought it was related enough to the topic to post.

i have been awake for a good 28 hours so please forgive me if my cognitive processes aren't working to their full capacity

"Sorry honey I must retire to the Earnhardt room to shred."
This video sure makes you feel better about your own guitar skills.
Kombat Gear:

Quote by Harvey Swick

Electric guitars still work unplugged, and every technique used in shred can be used and heard unplugged on an electric. Those 'machines' just make it louder or add effects, just like if you put your accoustic through an amp like you said.
          Quote by Harvey Swick
          i agree that the only way to play guitar would be to practice and play music that you enjoy.
          for the sake of music not trying to get laid/famous etc.

all i meant was that with an electric you get amplifiers, effects, pedals etc. and with acoustic its just you and the guitar. albeit you could hook your acoustic up and use amps, pedals, etc but i dont.

the sound that i get out of my acoustic is the sound that i worked and practiced for

no offense to the electric enthusiasts. once again i completely respect any guitarist who can shred on an electric and i dont think either is better or worse. i just enjoy acoustic thats all.

I don't know if you:

1)Know how the Pit (or the rest of UG) works.

2)Have watched the godforsaken video we are talking about. If you would have, then you wouldn't be telling us how you think the acoustic is more honest.
          Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
          I don't know why, but I giggled like a little girl when he winked.
          Quote by Ville Valo
          Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
          What an amazing troll, right?

Quote by Spoonman69
          Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
          Quote by Spartan101400
          I watched the whole video and I didn't see him wink. When did he do that?

I didn't watch the whole video and saw him wink.
          I gave him his first "like" for his youthfullness. At least he's having fun instead of sitting around watching the tube and ordering from infomercials.
          Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
          Quote by pigeonmafia
          Electric guitars still work unplugged, and every technique used in shred can be used and heard unplugged on an electric. Those 'machines' just make it louder or add effects, just like if you put your accoustic through an amp like you said.

i realize those techniques can be heard and utilized while the electric is unplugged. im not trying to put any electric players down. its just that i feel its....cheating.....a little.
          it is so easy to sound "good" or to "shred" on electric (as evidenced by this video) while with acoustic its takes a bit of actual work/practice in order to shred.

with acoustic its just my hands, the strings, and the guitar. it feels so much more pure and honest. as in "these are the sounds i worked for. listen"

i also realize this is a very controversial statement and that there are flaws but its just the way i feel. cant help it man.
          once again i would like to stress that i totally respect all electric guitar players and i realize how many years many artists have taken in order to tear an electric apart with god like shreds.

the electric is just not for me and i could never see myself playing one onstage. go figure.

Edit:
          I don't know if you:

1)Know how the Pit (or the rest of UG) works.

2)Have watched the godforsaken video we are talking about. If you would have, then you wouldn't be telling us how you think the acoustic is more honest

well actually i have watched the video and i gotta say i didnt enjoy it.
          though honestly i am pretty new so maybe i dont know how the Pit works.

please enlighten me

Last edited by Harvey Swick at Jun 10, 2011,
          Quote by themetalbucket
          I gave him his first "like" for his youthfullness. At least he's having fun instead of sitting around watching the tube and ordering from infomercials.

Where do you think he got all the Dale Earnhardt stuff?

edit:^ DUUDE! What you are saying makes NO sense whatsoever to what this thread is about! We get it, acoustic is more honest. No need to back it up.
          I've met a couple of people with the same opinion, and it seemed that as well as they could back it up, they had never actually touched an electric guitar before. Sure, think it's more honest, but just know that no one is fooled when the guy in the OP says that he is "shredding" because he isn't. Unless you pile on some serious "The Edge" effects, we can hear every mistake, and even then it all turns to rubbish if what you're playing doesn't sound good.

Just sayin', if this thread was about Acoustic vs. Electric, then you'd be perfect. Not trying to be hard on you. I can see you are new, so welcome.
          Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
          Last edited by Pencil Man at Jun 10, 2011,
          Quote by Harvey Swick
          i realize those techniques can be heard and utilized while the electric is unplugged. im not trying to put any electric players down. its just that i feel its....cheating.....a little.
          it is so easy to sound "good" or to "shred" on electric (as evidenced by this video) while with acoustic its takes a bit of actual work/practice in order to shred.

with acoustic its just my hands, the strings, and the guitar. it feels so much more pure and honest. as in "these are the sounds i worked for. listen"

i also realize this is a very controversial statement and that there are flaws but its just the way i feel. cant help it man.
          once again i would like to stress that i totally respect all electric guitar players and i realize how many years many artists have taken in order to tear an electric apart with god like shreds.

the electric is just not for me and i could never see myself playing one onstage. go figure.

Edit:

well actually i have watched the video and i gotta say i didnt enjoy it.
          though honestly i am pretty new so maybe i dont know how the Pit works.

please enlighten me

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
          Quote by Harvey Swick
          its just that i feel its....cheating.....a little.

How it cheating? You do exactly the same as on an accoustic.

It's just as easy to sound good on accoustic (just go to youtube to see the army of accoustic players along side the army of wannabe shredders). And as far as shredding goes, again, it's just as easy on an accoustic if you have it set up right. You can see plenty of videos of people shredding on an accoustic.
          Page 1 of 2