Randys own style + his gear + the equipment they had in the studio where they recorded it. Good luck getting that sound.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Randys own style + his gear + the equipment they had in the studio where they recorded it. Good luck getting that sound.

That's retarded, anything a guitarist can do another one can who is skilled do the same
Try sliding from close to the 12th fret down to the 5th. It's what I do. Also, you need to get the E, A and the D string. I recommend a wide pick
Randy made it sound like he did a fret or harmonic slide, it doesnt have that crunchy sound that a pick slide gives off :S
While sliding, try moving the pick up and down as well.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Slide your pick from your bridge pickup to just past your neck pickup and then just do a finger slide down the rest of the string....
A lot of it does have to do with your equipment too. Before I got my ESP with the EMGs, I just couldn't do pickslides. On my ESP they sound damn near perfect, with no change in technique.

There are some good technique suggestions here that you should try as well.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12