Hi Russians,

I have recently shot a short film, and for some reason I have set it in a fictional version of Communist Russia.

It is largely silent, but there is an off-screen voice of the boss in a factory announcing inspections, so I need to get an authentic Russian voice for the voice-over, translated directly from an English script.

I have an actor who can do the voice-over to a phonetic translation and audio file, but I could also quite easily just get one of you lovely Russians to do it if you have the necessary recording facilities and can put on a calm but authoritarian voice.

You would receive a credit in the film and get listed on imdb when we register it on withoutabox for festival entry, and I can send you a copy of the film when it is finished.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated, and you can either reply to the thread or email me at reubenjohnsonfilm@gmail.com as I rarely check my PMs here.

Thanks peeps.
I can help you with writing the lines in Russian and can say them for you, but I'm not Russian myself. For what it's worth, my accent is well-received by Russians, though. Let me know if I can help you out.
Quote by blacksabbath8
Quote by Venice King
Is vampiric a genius or just mad?

...both?
Sounds awesome. I'm happy to get you to do how ever much or little you have time for. A voice recording would be great, and if you nail the acting part then I will definitely use it in the film.

Below are the two sections that need translating. If there are issues with specific words or phrasings then feel free to substitute as necessary.

1 - "Attention workers of sector 8: Today there will be an inspection of your working quarters. If everything is in order then you have nothing to worry about."
2 - "Attention workers of sector 8: Inspections have begun. We will visit everyone's quarters individually. This should take no more than a few minutes."

Get in touch with me on my email reubenjohnsonfilm@gmail.com with any questions or if you have the translation or a recording to send me.
Slowest turnaround ever. Sorry about that. Nevertheless, check your email; it's all there. Let me know if I can help any more, and good luck with the project!
Quote by blacksabbath8
Quote by Venice King
Is vampiric a genius or just mad?

...both?