I was wondering if anyone would know how I could make my guitar sound like it's on an old vinyl recording. In a live setting, I mean. The needle scratching isn't necessary, just that old sound.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')

You will die.
Last edited by Gradyogle at Jun 10, 2011,
Heh? What do you mean?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
like just a very lo-fi sound? this isnt meant to insult anyone but the boss ds-1 delivers a really lo-fi sound, doubt that will achieve what you are going for.

maybe just by the fulltone tape echo, super cheap $1300USD
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
I don't know if lo-fi makes it sound like an old vinyl.

But like jester suggested... a tape echo set really low on the delay time could give that degraded sound.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Not 100% sure on this because I have never used the WMD geiger Counter (very interested in it though, when I get the bucks) but I have seen a video of it on youtube (could be the proguitarshop one by Andy??) where the settings make it sound lofi like a FM radio (I know that's not vinyl but hey). The pedal will be overkill if that's all you wanted to do with it though.
FWIW... it really is a different effect... kind warms up the sound.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Just construct a filter in Audacity or some other DAW that gives you an AM sound. Just cut off the lows and highs and allow a narrow bandpass. Tweak it until you get what you like.
That LF7 has been the closest I've seen. That plus an additional EQ in my chain might just do the trick. Thanks guys. If you can think of anything else, I'd be happy to check it out!

Edit: Gear Man Dude's part 1 of the Geiger Counter gets some wicked lo-fi sounding effects, but it's also all crazy. I might dig the craziness, too....
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')

You will die.
Last edited by Gradyogle at Jun 10, 2011,