I'd like to share a few bands that I really enjoy.
Heavy psychedelic/blues/rock

Canned heat
Creedence Clearwater
Dragonfly
Freedom
Frijid Pink
Grateful Dead
Iron Butterfly
Kak
Love Sculpture
Mighty Baby
Quicksilver Messenger
Ramatam
Troyka
T.I.M.E
Jimi Hendrix
Josefus
Banchee
13th Floors Elevators
Radio Moscow (Its a 200X band, but really great)

Feel free to share any band thats not on the list
They may not be from that era, but I think Motorpsycho is a fantastic psychadelic/prog rock band that anyone who is into the genre should check out.
Quote by Ascendant
They may not be from that era, but I think Motorpsycho is a fantastic psychadelic/prog rock band that anyone who is into the genre should check out.

I'll check it out when Im at home
Youtube disabled at work
No Doors? They did both psychedelic and blues rock. Their last two albums were more blues rock, and their earlier albums were more psychedelic rock.
Quote by abcdlmnopxyz
No Doors? They did both psychedelic and blues rock. Their last two albums were more blues rock, and their earlier albums were more psychedelic rock.

I do have 2-3 of their albums but forgot to mention them
For psycedelic I'm really into the red krayola. They make you feel crazy. Billy Gibbons leads the moving sidewalks. Also gotta mention Golden Earring. I know a lot more but can't remember. I'm having trouble playing the 13th floor elevators would be much appreciated.
What, no Cream?
Quote by NosralTserrof
Look at all the stars! **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
how bout Johnny Winter or Jeff Beck Group. the Yardbirds were still going until 68 as well.
Some of my favorite psychedelic and blues bands I've discovered...

Bakerloo
Blue Cheer
Culpeper's Orchard
Dr. Strangely Strange
Hawkwind
Kaleidoscope
Ultimate Spinach
United States of America
Cream is awesome, and don't forget Jefferson Airplane (Not Starship!). I know when people think of Jefferson Airplane they think Surrealistic Pillow with songs like Somebody to Love and White Rabbit, but I think Volunteers is where they really had their best work
i agree with aliveshecried ultimate spinach is a great band and yes strangestraycat jefferson starship is horrible but airplane was sick