Hey there guys, so im in the market for a mixer, not a fancy one, just one we can use for rehearsal, which will be just using max 4 inputs 3 mics and the bass, since we have two rehearsal sites, we need a mixer for the new site, but we dont have a lot of money to spend right now, i've been looking online, and for about 60€ (90$) i can get either a peavey PV-6, or a behringer xenyx 802, for a little more (which is available to spend) i can get a xenyx 1002.

So the PV6 has got 4 channels, 6 inputs, but i hear it has got a serious humming issue.
The Xenyx 802 has got 8 inputs
And the xenyx 1002 has got 10 inputs( cant really get much more info about the xenyx's)

for the reviews i've seen i think the xenyx 1002 is the best choice, i just posting here to be sure, i heard the PV6 is really bad, and i have no complaints against behringer material, so i'll probably get the xenyx 1002, but what do you guys think?

P.S: im not sure this is the right forum, if not please someone move the thread to the right one.

Thanks in advance
Antero Duarte
You need to make sure that you have enough mic inputs. IIRC the Xenyx 802 does not have 8 mic inputs. Some of those inputs are line level. You can normally just look at the mixer and see the number of mic inputs by the number of visible XLR plugs.
I haven't looked at these mixers.. but for the pricing I'm assuming there not powered.

Do you have a Power Amp??
Quote by ToXyN
I haven't looked at these mixers.. but for the pricing I'm assuming there not powered.

Do you have a Power Amp??

hmm i didnt think of that, but i have a friend that might lend me a power amp, and i've decided, i'll get the xenyx 1002.

btw, there's no chance i can use a lets say home audio amp, is there? i figure it wont deliver enough power