hey ppl...i play for a melodic death metal band. I need some advice for my pedals. This is my present setup:

Guitars: Ibanez Prestige 1520 and Cort X Series(custom with Dimebucker as the bridge pickup and Steve Vai evo on neck)

Amp: Marshall JCM2000

Pedals: Boss Metal Zone-2, Boss Noise Suppressor-2, Boss DD-7, Boss GE-7, Dunlop volume pedal, Morley bad Horsie wah

Now i'm not really happy with my tone. i wud definitely like to improve on the distortion/overdrive. Can you guys suggest any changes or addition to my pedal setup. I'm ready to spend upto $500 right now.
dump the metalzone and get an overdrive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Firstly, a better place to post this would be GG&A.

Secondly, check out the Okko Dominator - it is an absolute beast of a pedal. Or if you're after a Rec sound, check out the Wampler Triple Wreck. Also look around for a used Toneczar Openhaus, but these have a wait, so be prepared to pay a premium. You should be able to snag one for under $500 though. But for christ's sake man, get rid of that Metal Zone.

edit: or use your amp's distortion and boost it with an overdrive. tubescreamer will give you a tighter and punchier sound. or try out a paul cochrane timmy if you want a totally transparent boost.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Jun 10, 2011,
Please tell me you use your amp's distortion... Please
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
sell the Boss Metal Zone and get the Boss DS-1 with Roxx Tri-Gain Plus Mod seen here... http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#roxx

that should be what you are looking for. or if you just want to send your Metal Zone to the same person and get the MT-2 Sustainia Tri-Gain Mod as seen here.. http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#bossmt2Plus

it shouldn't cost you more that $500 to get the tone you are looking for...

Hope that helps!

God Bless....
Burn the Metal zone in a fire and use amp distortion.
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Moving to GG&A...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by NakedInTheRain
or use your amp's distortion and boost it with an overdrive. tubescreamer will give you a tighter and punchier sound.

+1

TS9 + amp gain is what you need. Get yourself a delay (I recommend the Ibanez DE7 if you want to keep the price down) and an EQ pedal (Boss GE7, or spend a few bucks more and get an MXR 10-band) for your solos.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
thanks evryone....i'll surely get rid of the metal zone...triple wreck or okko dominator? which 1 will give me a "warmer" tone? n how bout gettin a big muff?
yep exactly. try the od approach first, because if you like the tone of your amp with a boost, even a cheap od will work pretty well, whereas to get a decent-sounding distortion box normally costs a fair bit more money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ferdous
n how bout gettin a big muff?

I love the sound of the Big Muff, but it's a fuzz, and won't give you the tone i'm assuming you're after.