Finally sorted my amp issue. I posted a thread the other day asking for options and peoples opinions on things and I finally found the perfect amp.

Long story - Went to try every different valve amp I could, first shop had a Peavey Valveking which was quite nice then a Laney Lionheart 5 watt combo which sounded excellent, and loud enough to gig with despite being a 5 watt. Sounded great - broke up nicely on the clean channel and howled on the lead.

After I found out the price I moved down the road and tried a Blackstar ht20 which I didn't like the distorted sound of at all which makes sense because I haven't liked any of the other blackstars, a Marshall MA which sounded very sibilant and hissy in the distorted phase and refused to break up on the clean channel, and then a Marshall haze 15. That was much better and was definitely loud enough but just wasn't that great a sound. It really had to be driven.

I was pretty much thinking that I'd have to settle and accept that no amp sounds the way you want them to when I tried an orange dual terror. It's perfect, tried it on the 7 watts and 15 watts phases and it's loud enough for gigging on both. It broke up at a useable level, and it doesn't sound like distortion, it sounds like a growl. It's fantastic. The tone knob, while not a 3 band eq is very useable and the control layout is simple. It weighs a tonne.

I love it and I'm very happy with it. I would have gone with a tiny terror but I like having a second channel for solo boosts.

(Invalid img)

Long story short - Tried lot's of amps and this one sounded the best.
Nice, never tried a dual terror. I used to have a TT but it got old pretty quick. Bit of a one trick pony. Sounded great for what it did do though. Kinda regret selling it to be honest.

HNAD!
Yeah, I can't see this thing really doing anything other than exactly what I need it for, but thats all I've ever wanted. I'm very 2 dimensional =D It has the best sound I've ever tried . . . If anyone wants to buy a 1989 JCM800 50 watt combo . . . I have one thats surplus to requirements. =D
Good pick man and glad you happy with it! I'm looking to try the Dark Terror - very intriguing.

Also the Laney Iron Heart (is that what it's called? I forgot - the one demoed at NAMM anyway)

I really like Laney - but you got a great amp there for your needs so happy noodling!
Is it just me or is the picture not working?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

The picture isn't even working for me. I just presumed my computer was being a bit rubbish. I'll put the flickr link up.

It's just sort of a stock photo anyway really, but I'll put it in for anyone who wants a close up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63903125@N05/5818258581/
Heh? No review?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i absolutely love my DT. i use the first channel for a on the brink of a breakup with picking dynamics, and have the fat channel set up for a lot of gain. which is growly and slightly fuzzy. i sometimes boost it with a light fuzz or an OD and it gets really nasty.

i play it on 15 watts in the late hours of the night, and 30 most of the time. i rarely use the 7 watts though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/