So in the song No Control on their first album there is a sweet sounding fill that has a different tone than the rest of the song. From 2:05 to 2:25 and then from 3:18 to the end of the song the notes sound like they have a half-assed harmonic or something, kinda squealy. Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with that and can help me get it figured out. Thanks much.
sounds like a little pinch harmonic on each note, instead of letting a note ring an giving it some vibrato to make a huge squealy pinch harmonic, just kind of push through the note while holding the pick like your doing a pinch harmonic
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
they're just pedal riffs with some pinch harmonics thrown in and then, they're harmonized in 3rds.

Edit: there's probably like, maybe 4 pinches in that part tops.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jun 10, 2011,
IDK, i listened to the song again and i almost think there is another guitar part under the tabbed notes that i have, but i'm not very good with my ears. So the 3rds you're talking about are harmonies??
Quote by z28dylan
IDK, i listened to the song again and i almost think there is another guitar part under the tabbed notes that i have, but i'm not very good with my ears. So the 3rds you're talking about are harmonies??

the part you're talking about is the pedal riff that they play in minor 3rds harmonies together. yes, there's a palm muted part, but its still just a simple riff of single notes, not chords.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"