so I got most of this solo down, but around 4:00 in the song I cant figure out how to do it? I dont understand the technique do I pluck the strings from a higher fret or something Ive examined the tab but I still dont understand no matter what I try :/. been at this for a while please help me understand what I have to do with my picking hand.
Knockoff Fender
83' Peavey Milestone << Favorite
Line 6 Spider IV
Are you talking about the tremolo picking part of the solo, with the wah-wah effect? It's pretty straightforward; I don't think Mike is doing anything too crazy.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
right before the tremelo part the japanese sounding part
Knockoff Fender
Line 6 Spider IV
I think I know what section you're talking about. It kinda sounds like Mike is doing a fingerpick-type thing there, but it could just be the way he's using the pick on the strings.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
when i watch videos theyre doing something like finger picking but I cant seem to emulate the sound :/ hmmm well if anyone canm figure out what you do with ur hands at this part ill really appreciate it
Knockoff Fender
Line 6 Spider IV
From the sounds of it, it's a harmonics thing, it's a technique that's sometimes called 'harp harmonics.

Basically you put your index finger on a harmonic point (for arguments sake now lets say 12 frets above whatever you're fretting) then behind that, on the bridge side, you pick with either your thumb or pick if you're holding it between your thumb and middle finger.

It's kind of hard to explain in text, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QLPZ4KEtzw Combine that with a specific EQ/amp/effects combo (I don't know what) and you get something that sounds oddly like a koto or samisen (I don't know which is which).
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Zaphod_Beeblebr thank you so much this is exactly what i was looking for !! !!
Knockoff Fender
Line 6 Spider IV