If I pick hard with DDT on, my KB4's DDT light blinks red and the amp cuts out completely. Then comes back on. So long as my picking doesnt go over a threshold it works fine. If I remove my RP500 from the power board, it can go to 5.5 then it happens. DDT off, it happens at 7.

The RP's master is at 40.

What the heck is the problem? Its pissing the hell out of me.
Anyone well versed with SS electronics here?
The DDT AFAIK is just a compressor thats supposed to rpevent clipping (which the manual says will damage the amp- scaremongering or a genuine threat?).
turn the output on your pedal down?

then up the kb master

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
turn the output on your pedal down?

then up the kb master

Its at barely half is the clipping dangerous?
Also, is it because it cant get enough power? The KB and RP share a powerboard. I remove the RP, I can go to 5.5.
i cant imagine it is, turn it lower?

i would imagine the out put from a keyboard is much lower than that of a guitar DSP.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
i cant imagine it is, turn it lower?

i would imagine the out put from a keyboard is much lower than that of a guitar DSP.

Im using the line level input, and my RP's output is a lot lower than line level x.x
I didnt come across this problem with the Roland KC150 that I tried.....but that didnt have the damned DDT x.x

Someone call Cathbard? Im sure he would know whats wrong
well solid state clipping sounds well bad and is dangerous for transistors
becasue they arent meant to take those kinda of conditions
neither are tubes but when they are pushed they sound good(imo adn many others) and it doesnt damage them as much just lessens the life of tubes which are alot easier to replace than a transistor
Quote by supersac
neither are tubes but when they are pushed they sound good(imo adn many others) and it doesnt damage them as much just lessens the life of tubes which are alot easier to replace than a transistor

Every Fuzz pedal is doing it wrong then?
Quote by supersac

at 7/10 and 4/10 on the RP, it only just slightly clips if I hammer the strings so hard that it clacks against the pickups
Is it just the DDT being heavy handed/lack of power?

Quote by Vendetta V
hmm are you sure you're not loading the power supply?

I really dunno. My PC should be sucking 300-400W while gaming if TDP's are anything to go by. The KB's max power consumption is rated at 150W.

If its something important, the Peavey has a 10A plug. Im running it into a regular plaug that was replaced with a 15A sized one.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jun 10, 2011,
From reading the manual it appears that the amp is not supposed to cut out completely. The description is that DDT is supposed to limit power amp distortion by limiting gain. If the amp isn't extremely loud when DDT kicks in I would be suspicious that the amp is faulty.

It may be detecting a problem when there isn't one and reducing the gain more than it should. I suggest emailing Peavey support.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 10, 2011,
Quote by fly135
From reading the manual it appears that the amp is not supposed to cut out completely. The description is that DDT is supposed to limit power amp distortion by limiting gain. If the amp isn't extremely loud when DDT kicks in I would be suspicious that the amp is faulty.

It may be detecting a problem when there isn't one and reducing the gain more than it should.

ld;dr: what you really need is a new amp? XD

seriously: try to remove the DDT?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by fly135

It may be detecting a problem when there isn't one and reducing the gain more than it should. I suggest emailing Peavey support.

Thats what I thought x.x whe this happens, its like my MG on what? 6.7/10? Its 75W so it should make my ears melt at that volume.
EDIT: Can really hard picking cause a big amp to clip? I should be ok so long as I dont play that hard right?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jun 10, 2011,