So my dad knows someone who is selling his Aracom-DAG power attenuator for $300. Now, I would like to get an attenuator cause my amp lacks a master volume and can get rather loud during recordings, and I was wondering if this thing was worth it.

They retail at like $825, so I figure I'd be getting a deal on this thing.

Linky for what it is: http://www.destroyallguitars.com/aracom/4411-aracom-dag-power-attenuator
Yeah?

check 2nd hand prices though, cause I would just buy it to sell for profit if possible.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
That's less than a new hotplate. If you're looking for an attenuator that's going to be the best deal you'll find.
I have the non DAG version and it's amazing. I'd say $300 is a good deal on one.
Sure, but the VK DOES have a master volume.

Just not a PPIMV.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Why is this even a question?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
i didn't read the first post and thought that link was to the sale, i was going to buy it out from under you. lol my bad.
Quote by AcousticMirror
yeah. god. do it yesterday.

I did do it yesterday...technically, seeing as it's past 12. My dad is getting it for me for my birthday from a friend of his who is selling all of his vintage gear because he lost his ring finger and middle finger and can't really play his guitars anymore.

Gotta feel sorry for the dude, he had collected over $100,000 in vintage gear, and now he can't play none of it.

So, expect a NAD thread in September!

The VK doesn't have a master, technically, it has separate channel volumes, but I thought a master volume controlled the output volume despite which channel you have selected....
A master volume is any variable resistor divider placed after a few triode stages, regardless of whether or not it's global or unique to each channel. Awesome score though. I've been wanting one for a while but feel ridiculous dropping that much money on an attenuator.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ethan_hanus

Gotta feel sorry for the dude, he had collected over $100,000 in vintage gear, and now he can't play none of it.

The VK doesn't have a master, technically, it has separate channel volumes, but I thought a master volume controlled the output volume despite which channel you have selected....

I would so become ambidextrous

It may not have a global master but how would you use a global master anyway for your application? Do you want cranked classic rock tones or something? Just asking. I never had any problems recording my VK and I honestly didn't think it was loud enough for 50 watts.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I would so become ambidextrous

It may not have a global master but how would you use a global master anyway for your application? Do you want cranked classic rock tones or something? Just asking. I never had any problems recording my VK and I honestly didn't think it was loud enough for 50 watts.

I would love to get the clean channel over 6 or 7 to get that tube breakup, but I don't feel comfortable pushing my 60 watt WGS V-30 speaker that hard, and it would cause me to go deaf in my room.

My 50 watt VK get's plenty loud, I can easily overpower my churches 1000 watt PA system without even pushing it.