Hey guys, i really like the sound of the bugera 333xl,
I was planning on getting the 212 combo and another 212 cabinet for underneath.

I have Around £500 to spend, i dont have any cabinets areound the home,
I would prefer to buy new,
I live in SW uk.
I will be gigging.

I play, Classic rock, and metal, Metallica and pink floyd are my main influences.
I enjoy playing metal at home more than i do classic rock.

Are there any other Heads and Cabs or combos I can couple together for a similar price with plenty of gain on tap, takes pedals well, and good-brilliant cleans?

Had to change budget to £500
Last edited by Lespauljames at Jun 10, 2011,
Don't bother with a 2x12 combo and a 2x12 cabinet underneath. Especially if you're going bugera.. the bugera speakers suck but in general its not something i would recommend, 2x12 combos with the exception of a few classic amps (none of which are high gainers) are more of a pain in the arse then anything else since they are really unwieldy, heavy, most of them are open back which isnt ideal for high gain and if you try to resell you wil have difficulty.. Go for a head and 2x12... That will be fine!
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 10, 2011,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laney-GH-50L-Valve-Head-Amplifier-/320712324546?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item4aabf1b5c2#ht_500wt_1156

Look into this head it'll get br00tz with a boost and could probably do the majority of what you want without.
That should give you around 250 quid used for a nice 2x12 cab used. The only disadvantage is that its single channel. It won't be the best at cleans but you should get some passable sounds atleast the vh100r you could probably pick up for slightly more is the 2 channel version of this amp but it'd probably limit your cab fund which is actually quite an important part.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 10, 2011,
what Angus said, the GH50L is a seriously nice amp with a hell of a lot of gain on tap

brand new you arent going to be able to get any decent amp for what you want, if you look used you can get some very good deals.

however i would like to recommend the Line 6 Spider Valve. now its odd for me of all people to suggest this amp but honestly it is a very good amp and used you can easily get one under £500

your only other option is to save up some more cash and get something like a Marshall JVM or an Orange Rockerverb
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw

brand new you arent going to be able to get any decent amp for what you want

traynor ycv50b on thomann?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For masses of gain, you can't go wrong with a peavey 6505+. Otherwise, blackstar would be a way to go, if you could stretch to £550 you could get a blackstar ht40, which is pretty good
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.