I am looking into buying a new amp, but I am not quite sure what kind to get. I would like something that has a good punk tone, sort of like Rise Against, and is fairly cheap. Does anyone have any suggestions?
How cheap is fairly cheap, can you go used, location, and gigging or no gigging?
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Fairly cheap is like, under $100 if possible, but $100-$200 can work. Used it fine, and yes to gigging.
Well... hmm. I suppose you could try to find a used Vox VT50 for that price, which would probably work fairly well. You will not get in under 100, but it's possible that you'll find one under 2 bills. As far as I'm concerned, they're the best solid state amps for the money.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Unless you get seriously lucky you will not find an amp in your price range. You seriously need to go at lest $300 used realisticly.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well ignoring those prices, could I find a decent one for under like $500? I don't need anything super fancy, I'm just looking for one that has a decent tone for playing punkish stuff.
Quote by walruscore
Well... hmm. I suppose you could try to find a used Vox VT50 for that price, which would probably work fairly well. You will not get in under 100, but it's possible that you'll find one under 2 bills. As far as I'm concerned, they're the best solid state amps for the money.

+1 on Vox

First off a used VT50 is going to be closer and most likely over $300

With that said the VT+ series are the latest generation of Vox Valvetronix amps.

You can get a new VT20+ new for about $180 it's surprisingly loud for it's size

EDIT: you can get a brand new VT40+ for $250

IMHO a VT40+ will get you into a good sounding amp at a reasonable price that's easily loud enough for most small to medium gigs.

Without getting all geek grrl on you. A used VT30 might be a little less but it's also falls short in terms of versatility.

The newer VT+ have more amp models more effects just pretty much a VT+ will do everything a VT can and more.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Jun 10, 2011,
A just scored a flextone 3 xl for 3 bills..i love it. the flextones were made to gig with not just for the bedroom wich alot of other modelers are designed for..the flextones were over 800.00 new
Quote by dlowe102
A just scored a flextone 3 xl for 3 bills..i love it. the flextones were made to gig with not just for the bedroom wich alot of other modelers are designed for..the flextones were over 800.00 new

Happy new amp day
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier