I'm getting an electric set-up soon, and I'm conflicted as to what amp I should get. It's between the Fender Mustang III and the Fender Frontman 212R with a Boss DS-1. Both cost $300, and I will play with an Epiphone Les Paul. If you have any other suggestions, besides expensive tube amps, those will be welcomed.
what type of music are you going to play?

i'd say the mustang... having not tried it. but the frontman doesn't really have a great rep.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If it's your first electric amp I think a modelling amp is a good starting point as it'll help you find which types of amps you like. The Fender Mustand is a good choice as is the Roland Cube. Please please please do not buy a Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG or Fender FR though
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
for a 100 more, you could get a used Blues Junior, which is a *inexpensive* tube amp. That's just one example. And there are many more options besides the DS-1, but if you like it, it's decent for the money. What do you play?
music = happiness

THAT IS IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION... unless you want to make it relevant
Quote by barnesybaby
If it's your first electric amp I think a modelling amp is a good starting point as it'll help you find which types of amps you like. The Fender Mustand is a good choice as is the Roland Cube. Please please please do not buy a Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG or Fender FR though

Fender FR aren't bad for cleans. If you use a distortion pedal it works amazingly well. Fender amps take pedals like hookers take... herpes pills?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by austin-person
Also, how's the Mustang with pedals?

Any modeling amp really won't work well with distortion pedals, or at least the cheap ones won't. Stuff like wah and other pedals work fine though
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by azianmusician19
for a 100 more, you could get a used Blues Junior, which is a *inexpensive* tube amp. That's just one example. And there are many more options besides the DS-1, but if you like it, it's decent for the money. What do you play?

It fits in my budget, and it sounds pretty good. I don't think the Blues Jr. will fit in my budget, though. Maybe a second amp?
check out a peavey vypyr. its got a huge variety of tones in it, and they can sound pretty good if you resist the urge to crank the gain.

having tried both fenders, im inclined to recommend neither. the Frontman is OK, but its not worth the money. the mustang is decent as well, but, again, it isn't good enough for the money.
Dude, music genres will help plenty.

Also, isn't this technically for GG&A?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by austin-person
Agreed, Line 6's are crap.

You obviously never played a flextone