Whats the difference between the old HT-5 and the new updated HT-5R, besides the obvious. The only differences I see are reverb, and a 12" speaker. I've heard that is has a little more gain. Should I wait for it to come out of just buy the regular HT-5? Also what is the push/pull power amp feature on the amp?
Gear

Guitars: Dean ML ATF3000, Schecter C-1 Black Market Custom
Amp: Blackstar HT-5
Pedals: MXR 10-band EQ, EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by MetalHead502 at Jun 11, 2011,
Pretty sure the new one allows you to record using the emulated out and monitor it through the amp's speaker aswell.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Everyone has access to the same information that you have. Unless there's an industry insider / reporter here... you're not going to get information other than what you have read.

Wait for the new one to come out. Asking this right now is a rather moot point.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
one has an R in the name, one does not
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
The Reverb and speaker alone are enough to wait for the HT-5R, I too am in the same position as you. The emulated out is also something worth considering if you ever come across a cab, as well as for recording purposes (not more configuring an amp in Garagebang, hooray!).

Definitely wait for the refresh, the only thing left to complain about it then is that it's not true true Valve.