I was looking for a 7 string on Ebay and I found this.
it says the brand is Blue Rock, never heard of them, haha.
It looks really nice though, Set neck, floating trem.
But the price makes me a little scared haha.
http://cgi.ebay.com/7-string-Electric-Guitar-flamed-maple-wood-body-new-/200613461076?pt=Guitar&hash=item2eb57e7c54#ht_1224wt_1139
-Gear-
Ibanez RGA7BK
ENGL Fireball 100
Crate 4x12 w/ Jensen Mods
Randall 4x12
Digitech tube overdrive
Boss NS-2
Last edited by beforethethrone at Jun 10, 2011,
the fretboard has the Dime Razorback inlays

Never heard of Wilkins pickups. I googled and all that came up were Wilkinson pickups.

all i found about blue rock guitars was that it is the name of a guitar store which is primarily Dean delalership (i think)

it could have been a custom guitar made for a blue rock shop.
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 10, 2011,
okay, well what about the Dean VNXM 7 string vs. the Schecter Omen 7?
-Gear-
Ibanez RGA7BK
ENGL Fireball 100
Randall 4x12
Digitech tube overdrive
Boss NS-2
I love the omen 6. That's why I'm leaning toward the Omen 7, but the Dean looks nice but it's so cheap that there has to be a catch.
-Gear-
Ibanez RGA7BK
ENGL Fireball 100
Randall 4x12
Digitech tube overdrive
Boss NS-2
i'd go with the schecter. cheaper deans can be inconsistent with quality. luckily my low end dean v is pretty good but i've heard about inconsistencies.

the dean has a paulownia body which is what my dean v is made of. i think its a very specific tone. paulownia is lightweight and close to basswood (which is the body wood of the omen 7) in properties. my ibanez is a basswood and there is a tone difference between the basswood and paulownia. paulownia i find to be more suited for a scooped metal tone and basswood has a softer tone IMO and not as heavy sounding. then again it could be the pickups im using in my dean (bill lawrence usa l500xl bridge, stock neck) (compared to stock pups in my ibanez)

the dean 7 string has die cast tuners and the schecter has schecter tuners. idk much about schecter tuners but they're prolly better than die cast. i hate dies cast.
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 10, 2011,