i can make my amp sound like its burning, theres a few pinch harmonics in the higher parts of the fretboard i recently found, and i can make a somewhat synth-y sound. i only a practice amp with distortion, a two band eq and a bright switch. any sggestions?
http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/84/weird_noises.html

first thing i thought of when i read this

also what does it sound like when your amp is burning..and how do you do it?
just cuirious
Last edited by supersac at Jun 10, 2011,
i wired my pickups out of phase. also, i turn my gain nob to 11. uhhh..i boost my mids a lot to get a metallicy tone when im playing, even though i have a fretless. if i turn everything down, isolate the p pup and boost my bass a shit ton it sounds just like an upright haha thats about it for me.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
put the bass on like 7, and the treb on 10, and the gain on 10 roll back the vol, and tone on your bass hit all the strings relatively hard [dont worry about buzzing of the strings] then roll the volume up while keeping the tone down. it makes a crackley type noise with a little bit of roar like a bonfire.
Quote by bassman10101
i wired my pickups out of phase. also, i turn my gain nob to 11. uhhh..i boost my mids a lot to get a metallicy tone when im playing, even though i have a fretless. if i turn everything down, isolate the p pup and boost my bass a shit ton it sounds just like an upright haha thats about it for me.

That sunds cool

I really like different types of feedback, though I am a bit of a doom head.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
i cant rewire my pickups.........its like someone with parkinson's trying to defuse a bomb and i have no mid control. just a two band
Last edited by ETHANEVIL at Jun 10, 2011,
must... not...sig
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

BAHAHAHA gilly...dont sig that lol. annnd all you have to do is change 2 wires haha just make the output of one pickup go to the input of the other..

My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful

That's horrible but hilarious at the same time.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

you can still wire it out of phase. switch the comings and goings bro.

heres a poorly drawn picture i made just for you

My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
What brand bass is that? Looks fresh.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
^ LAWLZ! its a dean edge 09...

uhh cool sounds without rewiring hmm. what amp do you have? i had a shitty crate b50 that was only wired with little clips for the black and red wires. open the back and just pull them off and switch them, theyre just little insulated metal clips that go on with no tools. thatd make yer amp wired out of phase lol, should sound interesting.

play through a blown speaker? i like that sometimes. palm muting is fun if you use a pick at all. jeeze uhno man haha defly rewire it its so easy and so worth it! aha
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
i have a vox pathfinder 15 bass amp. interesting you drew a dean edge, cuz thats what kind of electric i have.
..i know that's what bass you have...I STALKED YOUR PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
i saw vox and assumed it was a pedal. i couldnt find the wiring for that thing sooo i dunno. really though, just wire it out of phase lol.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
not from me. thats the best one i got lol it's the best fuzz youll get without a pedal. or the shittiest...depends on your taste. with a 15 watt amp id imagine you could pump the bass really high and get it to distort. sometimes i use my tremolo bar to sweep pick and make a sick pac-man noise!

EDIT:

this got to 2 pages?

[/thread]

my roflcopter it goes lolololololololololololololololol
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
My old amp had an onboard chorus effect that was wayyyy cheesy (gas station nacho cheesy) and I would play my guitars distortion pedal into that, got a very cool sound. Most tricks require money or some tech skill to achieve, maybe as a small project do the phase thing, and look up like self oscillator/feed backer pedal attachments
This one time, I made a cool noise: G.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
mute the strings and make a motion like a slap bass thump with a coin in your fingers. sounds like a weird typewriter sound. add fuzz and delay then do it really fast it sounds all kinds of cool. but by itself, still sweet.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom