How can someone verify if a seller is a legitimate Gibson dealer? Gibson only acknowledges warranties from authorized dealers. Not to mention there are many scammers out there. I would like to know how to verify if anyone is a dealer but especially online and most especially on ebay. Thanks

Randy
Wish I could help, but I honestly don't know.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
Wish I could help, but I honestly don't know.

Useless post is useless.

Have you tried contacting Gibson directly, or asking the seller for some sort of proof, like a certificate or dealer number?
Quote by greeny23
just ask the dealer. i'm sure they're honest.

That's kinda asking a liar if they're a liar.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ampoverload
ask for a pic of their current dealer certificate for Gibson.

Not sure if that would work... only reason I'm saying that is because I could fabricate pretty much any legal document and make a photo of it... there has to be some type of verifiable dealer number or something...

Hmmm... maybe if I can find someone that I believe is the real deal on ebay they would tell me even though I'm not doing a transaction with them. I mean I would if it was me and someone wanted to know something like that.
Quote by ryevick
Not sure if that would work... only reason I'm saying that is because I could fabricate pretty much any legal document and make a photo of it... there has to be some type of verifiable dealer number or something...

Hmmm... maybe if I can find someone that I believe is the real deal on ebay they would tell me even though I'm not doing a transaction with them. I mean I would if it was me and someone wanted to know something like that.

if u know where their shop or HQ or warehouse, etc is located u can try this

http://www2.gibson.com/Support/Dealers/North-America.aspx
Maybe you can actually list the dealer here on UG?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Maybe you can actually list the dealer here on UG?

This is the ebay store ... he says he is an authorized dealer but I kinda doubt it.

I found this link from Gibson which list different ways to verify him toward the bottom and told him if I could, I would do business with him.
Last edited by ryevick at Jun 10, 2011,
If you’re unsure about a dealer, you can always check with Gibson to find out. Call 1-800-4GIBSON, e-mail service@gibson.com or visit www.Gibson.com to make sure you’re working with a Gibson Authorized Dealer.

Dude, just call or email Gibson. I know its end of the business day in the States already, so wait till Monday, I'm sure the guitar's not gonna get up and walk away.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Dude, just call or email Gibson. I know its end of the business day in the States already, so wait till Monday, I'm sure the guitar's not gonna get up and walk away.

I am going to call them Monday... the info you posted was in the link I gave. The guitar might not walk away but might be put on a truck and sent to another buyer... ebay doesn't close on the weekends... I'll wait though...
Quote by ryevick
I am going to call them Monday... the info you posted was in the link I gave. The guitar might not walk away but might be put on a truck and sent to another buyer... ebay doesn't close on the weekends... I'll wait though...

Better to just wait a few days than to be stuck without a warranty.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
the hell would a guitar warranty be used for anyway.

did you look at the things they would actually fix for free?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
the hell would a guitar warranty be used for anyway.

did you look at the things they would actually fix for free?

you might prefer mailing your guitar back and forth taking months to get BS fixed... I'd rather just walk into an authorized Gibson repair shop
Quote by ryevick
you might prefer mailing your guitar back and forth taking months to get BS fixed... I'd rather just walk into an authorized Gibson repair shop

he means they fix almost nothing, if anything went wrong you're better off taking it to a local shop whether they are an authorized warranty repair place or not
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
most guitar warranties are so limited in scope, and if something does pop up, they weasle their way out of it.

thats what happened when hardware tarnished on a brand new Fender in three months, and fender is generally a well respected company.

i have heard of other people haveing the same thing done.

as long as the LP is legit, buy it, if something is wrong with it, fix it yourself, or pay a local luthier/tech to get it done if you don't know how.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by ryevick

ya good luck with that.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
most guitar warranties are so limited in scope, and if something does pop up, they weasle their way out of it.

thats what happened when hardware tarnished on a brand new Fender in three months, and fender is generally a well respected company.

i have heard of other people haveing the same thing done.

as long as the LP is legit, buy it, if something is wrong with it, fix it yourself, or pay a local luthier/tech to get it done if you don't know how.

I would normally agree with you but because I'm wanting to do a lot of stuff on different tunings right now I've decided on a Gibson Robot because I'm too impatient and lazy to do the tunings myself which I would prefer to have under a warranty if possible.
Quote by ryevick
I would normally agree with you but because I'm wanting to do a lot of stuff on different tunings right now I've decided on a Gibson Robot because I'm too impatient and lazy to do the tunings myself which I would prefer to have under a warranty if possible.

gotcha. i would want a warranty on one of those too.. lol. i don't put much faith in computer controlled motorized tuning machines.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya good luck with that.

I've always had good luck with any work I needed done and it also helps to know the luthier at the local authorized shop You'd be amazed at the repairs I've had done without warranty for free
Quote by trashedlostfdup
gotcha. i would want a warranty on one of those too.. lol. i don't put much faith in computer controlled motorized tuning machines.

I figure I'll give it a shot... I've read some good reviews on the robot stuff but there's always the bad too...
oh ya. if you're looking at the robot. that makes a difference.

what other work have you had done under warranty?
Have any of you guys ordered anything from Guitar Connection on eBay? I am buying something from them for a really great price and I just wanted to make sure they're legit.
Thanks
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food