If you had to do it mid-song, how would you go about it? I'm just curious as to whether or not someone here had a trick to it. Not that it's particularly necessary, seeing as there's usually a way around switching, but just to see what you guys have come up with.

There is, of course, keeping the pocket, but that obviously takes awhile to get to. There's keeping it in your mouth, but it looks unprofessional, and prevents those that provide backing vocals from doing so. There was a phase I went through where I practiced holding it between my index and thumb, and just picking with my middle and ring.

So, anything to add?
I'm getting some thumb picks for this exact reason. I'm going to wear it upside-down on my thumb so if I grasp it with my index finger it's exactly like a regular pick, except for the falling to the floor when I let go.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I tend to toss the pick into the crowd and play whatever I wanted to play, and then grab one from either the mic pick holder/one I kept in the headstock/spares on top of the amp. It adds a little showmanship flair, and someone gets a small souvenir for the night.

Also, it's really hard to sign picks.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
i find myself doing the same thing that i do when i tap. i just kinda roll it into my hand and hold it with my middle fingers first and third joint. then i can finger pick thumb, index, ring, and pinky(if needed).
if I had to do it, I guess i'd get it from the mic holder. They also sell the little pickholder you put on your headstock. Or yeah, thumb picks.
pinga
i have several embedded in my wrist. i just snap my hand forward and one pops out, it's actually quite convenient.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
i have several embedded in my wrist. i just snap my hand forward and one pops out, it's actually quite convenient.

Spider-man style?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I'm getting some thumb picks for this exact reason. I'm going to wear it upside-down on my thumb so if I grasp it with my index finger it's exactly like a regular pick, except for the falling to the floor when I let go.

Are you going to use the plastic or metal ones? Perhaps my fingers are fat, but I used a metal one a bit and it dug into my thumb in all the wrong places.

To the TS, On the cheap you could get something like sticky tack or chewed gum, place it on your bass, neck (your neck), glasses frame, where ever and smoosh it down.

Or a loop of masking tape

Bassman were you bitten by a radioactive bass player?
Quote by bassman10101
like i tell my band: "everybody gets one."

This is my policy on Seinfield-esque slap bass cutaway gags. I'm not slapping the bass after every funny comment.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you