So my story is, I've been craving an American PRS for a long time but couldn't really afford one. Then along came 2 of the busiest months of work I've ever had where I was getting crazy overtime, but was busting my ass off. After the first month went by, I said to myself "Alright, I need a light at the end of this tunnel... I'm getting a PRS".

As soon as I was ready, along came a Custom 22 that had all the features I was looking for: Bird inlays, stop tail bridge, toggle switch (I hate the rotary knobs), and a finish I liked, which in this case was transparent black over flamed maple. It had a few nicks and scratches along the edges, but they really don't bother me at all. It has the wide-fat neck which feels perfect to me, and the guitar itself has just the right amount of weight to it, it's not heavy at all but not too light either.

Next, I needed to get it to sound right, which is why this is a late NGD. It came with a Dragon II neck and Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge which were good but not quite the sound I was looking for. I had a Seymour Duncan Liberator installed so I could swap pickups in and out without soldering, and then ordered a bunch of used pickups off eBay. It ultimately came down to the PRS Tremonti bass and treble pickups. I'm biased of course because I really look up to Mark Tremonti, but they really are fantastic for going from a beautiful clean to crushing rhythm and smooth solos.

I'm absolutely happy to finally have one, it feels like it fits my hands perfectly, and it's just been hard to put down!

Last edited by Ghostmaker at Jun 11, 2011,
That guitar is sexy. HNGD!
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
very nice, you'll never want to put it down, trust me!
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
The flame on that thing is stunning! One of the nicest flame tops I think I have seen. I would get a crook in my neck from trying to look at it while playing I think.
Looks awesome! I was looking at PRS for something to get in the future and the custom 24 top 10 was my pick. Glad to see a REAL pic and not just the super polished ones on guitarcenter.com! Nice to hear that the Tremonti pickups sound good too because I was also considering those!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jun 10, 2011,
Awesome guitar man, that is absolutely beautiful.

If it had a rotary selector, that'd be perfect. I hate the flip switches.

HNGD
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
installing a rotary switch is easy as hell
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
beauitiful. normally i do not like the gaudi apperance of 95% of the real PRS's, but yours is definitely the exception.

HNGD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Looks awesome!

Are you sure its a 10 top though? The figuring looks too uneven to be a 10 top to me, generally the 10 tops have the straight, even flame. I actually prefer the look of tops like yours has, the whole perfect flame is cool, but it can be a bit boring too. I'd take yours over an even 10 top any day!

Quote by littlephil
Looks awesome!

Are you sure its a 10 top though? The figuring looks too uneven to be a 10 top to me, generally the 10 tops have the straight, even flame. I actually prefer the look of tops like yours has, the whole perfect flame is cool, but it can be a bit boring too. I'd take yours over an even 10 top any day!

It's a little bit off but still looks great and has the 10 on the back of the headstock. Thank you!
Quote by selkies
installing a rotary switch is easy as hell

Srsly? Do you have plans or how to or whatever?

I always assumed that the flush in the PRS body was different for the flip switches and the rotary switches.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 11, 2011,
OM nom nom finish. very jealous
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only