I fell ass over head in love with his tone on Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
I know an incredible amount of his tone comes from his 59 deluxe
Does anyone know which pickups could come close?
He has a firebird mini humbucker in the bridge and a gibson P90 in the neck position

Cowgirl in the sand
Down by the river
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jun 15, 2011,
bump
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
he was probably still playing a gretsch white falcon on everybody knows this is nowhere. i might be wrong on that though
signed,
your favorite poster
JO: It's been reported that a main ingredient in your sound is one particular pickup.

NY: Well, there's a lively Firebird pickup on the treble side of my Les Paul, but when I did 'Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere', it didn't have that pickup, which had got a bad hum in it. I took it to a music store to see if they could do anything with it. I went back to get it, and the store was closed and everything was gone. I never got the pickup back, so now there have been two or three pickups in place of the original. I guess I used the Firebird pickup on all the things I played on my black guitar since 1973.

hmm well he released it in '69 so I think youre right. He couldnt be any more vague about which pickup he used though -_-

Do you know what would be a good match for the P90 he has in the neck?
- Carl Sagan