Went out to Baltimore the other day to pick up some tickets for a show my bands playing and on the way back stopped by Guitar Center. Saw this thing sitting in the corner and picked it up.

Its a Jackson JS30RR, looks to be made in 2006, pretty decent guitar for what I bought it for ($150)

Review
Stock pickups were ok, I have since replaced them with EMG's (81/85 bought for cheap, may get 81x/60x combo in gold later)
Really thin neck, thinner than my LTD and Schecter
Sounds good with the EMG's in it, plays pretty well, although it could use a nice setup to get some of the fret buzz out of the first three frets.

Overall, I got what I paid for, a cheap beater guitar, but I've always wanted a Rhoads shape. I am going to get gold hardware for it in the near future, and possibly put on some gold pinstripes to make it look a little more one of a kind and less stock, but for right now, I am happy with it.

My other guitar is an Ibanez I stole the neck off of a few years ago, and the body has been sitting around my house doing nothing since then. I found an old Squier neck and chopped it up to make it look a little more metal and threw it on there, along with a new coat of paint on the guitar.

Before

After

It is an Ibanez RX body with a Squier neck, 2 no-name single coil pickups and a Dimebucker I had laying around.

The guitar actually plays pretty well, low action, no buzz, tuners need replacing though. I have this as my alternate tuning guitar, and it sounds pretty good for just playing around with, I wouldnt record anything professionally with it, but its another good beater guitar.

Here are the 2 guitars together

Overall I am happy with them, they both sound good and play decently for what they are- just cheap guitars I picked up to have some fun with!
Last edited by thetoastinator at Jun 11, 2011,
ooh very nice, i particularly like the strat with the stripe! Hngd
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
nice job on the strat. it looks badass.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.