This is really confusing. I've heard that the black with yellow bevels version of the RR24 is discontinued, but I still find online stores that sell it. How come?

My friend suggested that even if it is discontinued, there might be more of that guitar that didn't sell yet. So as a result you can still find them. Is what he said true?

If it isn't, then what's the explanation to their existence in online stores? I haven't checked in local music stores yet, but I will soon.
Discontinued doesn't mean you can't buy them anymore. It just means that the company has stopped the manufacture of that particular guitar. There's still gunna be some in shops and on the internet.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Discontinued doesn't mean you can't buy them anymore. It just means that the company has stopped the manufacture of that particular guitar. There's still gunna be some in shops and on the internet.

Oh my God! This is what I wanted to hear! I thought they were wiped from the planet However, I thought those on the internet might be used, but they are the same price as different colors, so I guess they're not... Anyway, I'm gonna check a music shop in my country and see if I can find it. If not, then I guess I'll just order it from an online store.
Quote by Ameer27
Oh my God! This is what I wanted to hear! I thought they were wiped from the planet However, I thought those on the internet might be used, but they are the same price as different colors, so I guess they're not... Anyway, I'm gonna check a music shop in my country and see if I can find it. If not, then I guess I'll just order it from an online store.

Its just floating stock in retailer's inventory that hasn't moved since it has been discontinued.

I'd be a little wary about such sale-proof guitars if I were you. Surely you have to ask yourself "is there a reason it could not sell"?

Also, if its been in their possession a long time, you might want to check if there is neck warping, and if the electronics are still fine. For all you know, these are the ones that earlier customers did not want to take due to some problem.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Or buy another one and get it refinished.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ragingkitty
Its just floating stock in retailer's inventory that hasn't moved since it has been discontinued.

I'd be a little wary about such sale-proof guitars if I were you. Surely you have to ask yourself "is there a reason it could not sell"?

Also, if its been in their possession a long time, you might want to check if there is neck warping, and if the electronics are still fine. For all you know, these are the ones that earlier customers did not want to take due to some problem.

depends on how long an item has been discontinued. most companies will offer a last run of an item so some retailers may have stocked up. the other thing is that in order for many retailers (like say guitar Center) to get the best prices then buying they buy in bulk. it may take some time for them to run out of an item as they have them in their warehouse still. if you are lucky eventually they won't sell a discontinued item as "new" and will put remainders out as used. i bought a Squier Esprit last year that had been stashed in the back of a warehouse "used" dirt cheap (and they are a bit collectable at this point) even though it was "new" but the guitar had been discontinued back in 2006