I'ma ask my question, but the pit can discuss how in debt we are too

If I were to get a credit card and pay off the balance every month, would I have to pay anything for the card? If I never missed a payment or overspent, would I have to pay for anything besides what I buy? I'm 18 and considering getting one to start using instead of my debit card just so I can build my credit score, but I don't want to do that if I have to pay the bank a lot just to have a card.

Thanks pit!
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Depends on the card you get, but I would think that for all of them there would be some small fee. Just don't be late, and only buy things that you can actually pay for.
Yeah there's usually quite a charge for getting something on credit. You will not get a good credit card if you don't have a good credit score. They'll charge you through the ass on interest. If you want to build your credit rating, just get a phone contract, easiest way to do it.
Well because I use chase for my bank, I was thinking with getting one of their cards because it's easy for me to walk to the bank and explain my situation.

This is the card's rules I'm getting, if someone could tell me if this would be good for average purchases (gas, tobacco, some groceries) that I know I can pay off every month, I would really appreciate it. I'm not trying to get sucked into debt.

https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=DCT9&page_type=appterms
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Do not take a credit card, that is only for Americans who do not know how to deal with money.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Explanation only gets you so far. They can't know you're being honest, so they use statistics. And since you presumably have no credit score, you'll probably have a high rate.

As Wholelottawhatever said, phone contracts, paying for college (you can get a payment plan) and things like that are better suited to building a credit score.
Quote by unnamedplayer
Do not take a credit card, that is only for Americans who do not know how to deal with money.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Credit cards offer the most security, and many have vast benefits (like traveler's insurance, for example). If you pay someone in cash for a service or product, and it is not satisfactory, if you paid with a credit card, you're more likely to get your money back than with any other form of payment.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/6-types-purchases-charge-creditcards-4152561083.html?x=0
credit cards have fees and stuff plus interest, they really only offer good deals to people with stable and expendable income, so they probably won't pull out the fine china for a kid.

don't live too lavishly and pay your bill you should be fine.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by DefectedFromGod
Well because I use chase for my bank, I was thinking with getting one of their cards because it's easy for me to walk to the bank and explain my situation.

This is the card's rules I'm getting, if someone could tell me if this would be good for average purchases (gas, tobacco, some groceries) that I know I can pay off every month, I would really appreciate it. I'm not trying to get sucked into debt.

https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=DCT9&page_type=appterms

Honestly, its not as easy as everybody spouts today to get into ridiculous credit card debt. Most of the dipshits that need "credit counseling"(or whatever its called) just ran around and bought everything that they wanted thinking "I can pay for it later!!!"

Expect the small amount of interest between the purchase date and the end of the month, don't buy anything that you don't have the ability to pay for NOW (not at the end of the month/year/however long) and pay the balance EVERY month on time and you will be fine.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
just remember, if you cant afford it dont buy it!

its also very easy to spend a lot on a credit card because it doesnt feel like you are spending your money, then at the end of the month youre like "why did i buy this?"
now extra flamey
Quote by DefectedFromGod

I'm pretty much doing the same thing as you. I need a new car badly but there's no way in hell I'll get approved with no credit. I just went with a Amazon.com Store Card

Check it out!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html/?place=campts%3D6mo330t1ir7qkbgovg6usmbtjm6fh1f&inc=9018&pr=conplcc&plattr=PLMP0909

I have one and they have a no interest 6-month financing deal thing for orders over $150. Like I just bought an Xbox 360 slim and the minimum monthly payment is $20, but I pay a little more to pay it off faster. Hope this helps man!
My Set-Up Thus Far:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (ebony)
-Fender DeVille Hot Rod 112
-BOSS Grunge pedal

BAYSIDE IS A CULT
get a debit card.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Keep meticulous account records of everything you spend money on.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread