2-7 thats really hard, i couldnt do it either its phisicly just out of reach
Last edited by DocArunas at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by DocArunas
2-7 thats really hard, i couldnt to it either its phisicly just out of reach

Yeh I have to do a massive stretch, and it hurts at the pace
Get a 3/4 sized acoustic.

Bwahaha.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
What string is this on? If you're having trouble, try playing it on a lower string but higher on the fret board. Since the frets are smaller, you wouldn't have to stretch as far.
It's doable with average sized hands. You could also do it cross handed where you're right index finder holds the 2, and you tap the 12 to 9 with the little, and index finger of your left hand. Another way would be to hold the 2 with your left hand and tap the 12 to 9 with the little and index of your right hand. It's the same idea as the first but with out having to get in to the cross handed position. Either way it makes it so you do a small stretch instead of a large one.
Quote by ♥♣ Joker ♠♦
not if you're attempting this after 2 months since u started playing the guitar

Then don't play something so hard when you're still in the baby-steps stage of the instrument.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Then don't play something so hard when you're still in the baby-steps stage of the instrument.

Disagree with this, I'm where I'm at today because I shot for the stars. You're probably right in the fact the OP will probably get discouraged as hell (because when I first attempted Yngwie after 4 months of playing I did want to shoot myself), but because I kept at the Yngwie stuff my skill blossomed way faster than anyone around me. Of course this left my chord knowledge (shapes only, sort of; despite knowing the basic arps) behind but set my finger independence up huge so I could pick it up in a few days :p

Never set the bar low.

... though of course if the OP is confused on how to hold the guitar/can't make two fingers rub together for dick all then I'd definitely agree with you there.
: )
Last edited by Cjk10000 at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by Cjk10000
Disagree with this, I'm where I'm at today because I shot for the stars. You're probably right in the fact the OP will probably get discouraged as hell (because when I first attempted Yngwie after 4 months of playing I did want to shoot myself), but because I kept at the Yngwie stuff my skill blossomed way faster than anyone around me.

Never set the bar low.

... though of course if the OP is confused on how to hold the guitar/can't make two fingers rub together for dick all then I'd definitely agree with you there.

Play something challenging, yes. Trying to tackle a semi-difficult Van Halen piece involving tapping on an instrument that isn't so receptive to tapping after only 2 months, no.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
On a normal electric yeah that's a far stretch. On a spanish acoustic, not so much
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Theres a Darkest hour song called Demons.
Okay. Here is the TAB for one of the chords in that song

--
--
---
METAL!
Quote by LightningandIce
What string is this on? If you're having trouble, try playing it on a lower string but higher on the fret board. Since the frets are smaller, you wouldn't have to stretch as far.
This!

The guitar is very idiosyncratic, so it simply repeats itself. I have large hands and 2 to 7 is hard.

I've seen Eddie play this song live and he played it on the middle of the neck, D and G strings mostly.

If that 2nd to 7th fret is on the B string for instance, then simply move your hand up to the 6th fret of the G string and play 6th fret to 10th fret.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
2-7 isn't that big of a stretch when you work on finger dexterity and other stretches. Incorporate 5 to 10 minutes of stretches into your practice routine and you should be able to do it in no time.

The largest stretch that I feel is possible on a guitar is a perfect tenth, first fret low E string to the 7th fret D string. Looks like this...

---
---
---
-7-
---
-1-

A good practice chord is the Shawn Lane Chord, also known as "The worlds hardest chord".

--0-
--6-
-12-
-10-
-8--
----

Middle, Ring and Pinky for the 8, 10, and 12, then use your index for the 6.
Quote by Ultraussie
Theres a Darkest hour song called Demons.
Okay. Here is the TAB for one of the chords in that song

--
--
---

Probably just make that one easier by moving the B note to the next string so the 9 on D now becomes 4 on G
locked as TS is a multi of xChRoMaTiCx
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com