Page 1 of 2
Herman Li is good.

/thread
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
"Herman Li is the best guitarist to ever pick up the guitar. he plays with a speed that is unmatched. if you dont know who he is youtube dragon force and see."

I don't know if every single one of those comments is a troll or if they are fake or written by the same person, but that's just so wrong... so so wrong.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
This guy has to be a troll. Mind you it was pretty funny to read, but I think its impossible for someone to suck a persons dick sooo much, so its likely fake... In my opinion anyways.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
There is something wrong with you. You come on a forum asking for advice on something that can easily be solved with tweezers.
as a guitar player he has no real character. You don't connect with a guy, on stage who spent his youth meticulously practising scales, you connect with the guy swinging from the lighting rig or burning the guitar.
Grammar Nazi.
mfw all the most innovative and skilled guitarists are at the very bottom of that list. It's just a popularity contest.

Quote by 'Leviathan'
2007 called, they want their phase of insulting Dragonforce back.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by 'Leviathan'
This. Seriously got old about three years ago. Herman Li has cleaned up his live technique a lot since then anyway.
Music is subjective. People experience music differently and both listen and appreciate music for many different reasons. Judging musicians and hating on any music is a childish, immature practice and if you do it you are being stupid.
Quote by Pat_s1t
This. Seriously got old about three years ago. Herman Li has cleaned up his live technique a lot since then anyway.

I didn't even know that he was still around
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
lol, something like 'to be a good guitar player you have to be able to play really fast, and hit every note. herman li does this and then some' LOLOLOLOL
Quote by Pat_s1t

not to mention most people who talk shit about his playing have only seen the live videos from the Inhuman Rampage tour, which was so plagued with technical difficulties that it's no small wonder he even played that well.

and who the **** is Tariqh Akoni?

i found that list quite amusing though.

EDIT: the Tokio Hotel guy is number 12.

EDIT 2: holy ****, Chuck Norris is on the list at 64.

EDIT 3: Katy Perry is ranked two places higher than Shawn Lane.

this list just keeps getting better. i just wish i could put more than 10 emoticons in one post, cause i'm already there.

two of the Jonas Brothers are ranked higher than Wes Montgomery
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 11, 2011,
Tomo Milicevic ... from 30 seconds to Mars

Guys ... no , just ... NO !
And of course truckloads of comments about Dimebag

They need to learn about Tosin Abasi !!!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by 'Leviathan'

Oh yeah? the jerk store called and they were looking for YOU!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

25 Herman Li, Dragonforce
“the most powerfull and attractive guitarist I ever had! and also he was so amazing for playing solo! and I like his hair so much m/ and I think he must be the first guitarist of the world!"

Awww isn't that nice?
I don't think there even should be a list, you can't really say who's better than who and who is the best. It's opinion.

On another note, Steve Vai is the best.

EDIT: seriously though, I don't think the people that judged for this list actually play the guitar
Call me Skeletor
Last edited by faithsomemore at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
If you don't know Zappa maybe

I guess if you never heard of me that would make sense >.>
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by faithsomemore
EDIT: seriously though, I don't think the people that judged for this list actually play the guitar

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

If you call me.
I'll come to see what the problem is.
Call me Skeletor
Quote by rko
25 Herman Li, Dragonforce
“the most powerfull and attractive guitarist I ever had! and also he was so amazing for playing solo! and I like his hair so much m/ and I think he must be the first guitarist of the world!"

Awww isn't that nice?

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I love how they're talking about his sound effects. Clearly, these morons have never heard of Adrian Belew. That man can make any sound come out of a guitar. He could probably make it say words if he wanted to. Without a talkbox or a vocoder.

Also, exactly one of my favorites made the top 50, and he's number 49.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
Zappa is better than all of them anyway, the only person who comes close is Nick Cave.

Fixed.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by 'Leviathan'

This, people still site the Graspop performance of TTAF from 2006 and claim that's why they can't play live, hell, that's the only video I see people use as "evidence"

They've cleaned up their live act pretty well. I'm curious what their new singer sounds like.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Adrian Belew isn't even on the list. There are far more obscure guitarists who are.

Hell, even his partner in crime, Robert Fripp, is on the list.
Quote by Holy Katana
Adrian Belew isn't even on the list. There are far more obscure guitarists who are.

Hell, even his partner in crime, Robert Fripp, is on the list.

Maybe he's not as great as you think he is???
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Herman li does have pretty good technical skill
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Maybe he's not as great as you think he is???

Lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1IqW6kNdU (plays both guitar solos on this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3DppaXz4-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQc0AI5FP6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2BIf12xnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI6OcRvQ49o

He's also a great singer (he's the singer as well as the lead guitarist for King Crimson).
Page 1 of 2