So yeah, sorry for another amp thread.

Guitar i play: Danelectro Dead on 67

Styles i play:
pretty much everything, lots of reggae funk, classic rock, blues, classical, alternative rock, psychedelic rock, surf, some jazz and hip-hop also, I DONT play any metal, so ridiculous amount of gain are not needed

Amp spec: tube wil be very very very nice although if you know some really good ss amp say it , around 15W, 3 band eq, vol, gain knob will be nice, fx loop, nice clean are a must, a wattage attenuator will be nice so i dont have to purchase it after, but not that important really

Budget:
300€

I hope i dont forget anything, thanks for your time =)

PS: i know i put loads of style, but i really enjoy playing all kind of music.
I go with a marshall MG15cdr. works awesome and CAN be loud as **** but also great for room practice! with 300€ budget you could also get the MG30 these things rock!
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
Quote by Astaldo
I go with a marshall MG15cdr. works awesome and CAN be loud as **** but also great for room practice! with 300€ budget you could also get the MG30 these things rock!

Don#'t listen to this guy.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Marshall MG's are some of the worst amps...
Dont waste your money on a SS if your interested in a tube amp, you will regret it.

Check out the Egnater Tweaker, maybe the VHT special 6, vox night train(used for ur budget)

You should not need a wattage attenuator if your only looking at 15 watt tube amps.
Remember a 5 watt tube amp can pump out as much volume as most 30-40 watt SS amps, and a 100 watt amp is only about twice as loud as a 10 watt amp
Do you want modelling or tubes?

Gigging or home?

Used or new?

Combo ok?

Crikey... read the "what amp sticky" to ensure you give us all the the details.

Quote by mcamp1230
Check out the Egnater Tweaker, maybe the VHT special 6, vox night train(used for ur budget)

Sigh, check the new prices first dude. New, the Tweaker is outta of his budget. The VHT does not have a 3 band EQ.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
Do you want modelling or tubes?

Gigging or home?

Used or new?

Combo ok?

Crikey... read the "what amp sticky" to ensure you give us all the the details.

Sigh, check the new prices first dude. New, the Tweaker is outta of his budget. The VHT does not have a 3 band EQ.

Woops, I meant used for all the suggestions...I havnt had any coffee yet...
Quote by mcamp1230
Woops, I meant used for all the suggestions...I havnt had any coffee yet...

Haha... fair enuff. You're like me then... I check UG before I pour my cereals haha.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
sorry for the lack of info, it'd be for gigging and home, new, dont really mind used, but i lived in the canary island so there isnt a great 2nd hand market, and due to being an island the deliver cost are really high. Combo since stacks are usually more expensive

and please recommend me some amps please!!!!

btw the vht seems really nice, maybe i could get an eq pedal, does anyone here ever played one so he or she can give me some feedback, also will it be loud enough to play with a drummer? is it easy to mod it so it have a fx loop
Last edited by crohno at Jun 11, 2011,
I think the VHT Special 6 is an excellent choice. Expecially if you are interesting in modding. I think the amp was built with the idea of modding in mind.

At full wattage the combo should be loud enough to be head over a drummer. Of course that depends a bit on the environment you are playing in. If you got the head with the 2x12 cabinet you will definitely have no issues (but that may be out of your budget at the moment). It does not have an EQ, but not many tube amps in this price range will.

I have played the combo and was overall quite impressed. A pretty versitile amp that will not kill your ears, neighbors, or wallet.
i thinking the vht idea is pretty good, i dont think ill be able to get enough money, i blown all that i had paying tutition for my music degree and my musical production degree, but i really need to upgrade my gear, after 6 / 7 years i cant keep playing with a squier guitar/amp combo specially studying music (ill be buying the danelectro along with the amp). So, thanks a lot for your help =)