Hi guys,
i have an ESP Viper Standard Series guitar in satin colour that i bought it the last August. i play in two bands and i practise a lot everyday. about 4-5 hours. i went yesterday at the local music store and i asked something to clean my fretboard from all that dirt and sweat. they gave me the D'Andrea Lemon Oil but it says nowhere that is for fretboards. it says that is a natural wood conditioner. when i play sometimes i rest my hand on the wood near the bridge pickup and now it took a colour similar to a common black. it distinguishes from the rest of the body colour. Should i use the D'Andrea Lemon Oil there to make the whole body as it was? If not what should i do?
Sorry if i am in wrong section.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by zarzonis at Jun 11, 2011,
Thats only for fretboard I Think. Get some car cleaning stuff for the guitar body if its finished. If its wood, then something like a dry cloth and just clean it like a furniture... Guitars are not made of some magic stuff from another world, think of it as a furniture or car, as I said.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
and if i buy car stuff i will be able to get the satin color back? btw thank you very much.
thank you very much my friend. Monday i am going to buy something like this.
Quote by zarzonis
Hi guys,
i have an ESP Viper Standard Series guitar in satin colour that i bought it the last August. i play in two bands and i practise a lot everyday. about 4-5 hours. i went yesterday at the local music store and i asked something to clean my fretboard from all that dirt and sweat. they gave me the D'Andrea Lemon Oil but it says nowhere that is for fretboards. it says that is a natural wood conditioner. when i play sometimes i rest my hand on the wood near the bridge pickup and now it took a colour similar to a common black. it distinguishes from the rest of the body colour. Should i use the D'Andrea Lemon Oil there to make the whole body as it was? If not what should i do?
Sorry if i am in wrong section.
Thanks in advance.

If you rub on flat black long enough, it will start to become glossy black...no cleaner will change that.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune