First of all, I do realise that some people on this forum won't like this song I'm about to show you. It's not in the traditional "rock/metal" category.

But anyways, I made this song about 3 weeks ago. It's similar to pendulum. what do you think of it?

The actual song starts at 0:15 by the way. the background music before that is NOT my track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZFIQfbn4Kc&feature=channel_video_title
Last edited by benmoon at Jun 11, 2011,
It's not bad, not the kind of music I'd listen to, but not bad. Seems like it'd fit into the modern Pop scene.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
It's not bad, not the kind of music I'd listen to, but not bad. Seems like it'd fit into the modern Pop scene.

eeh, it's too fast and heavy for pop in my opinion. but thanks
Go Ibanez!
not my style at all, but that's ****in' cool.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
not my style at all, but that's ****in' cool.

thanks!
Go Ibanez!
I was expecting this to be really, Really Really, bad, but to my suprise it was kind of catchy.....

Totally could hear this in a anime ending possibly intro?
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Lose the auto tuned vocals and some of the keyboards. Then, more heavy guitar and you've got a great song!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Really good man. Loved it. Is that autotune or another effect? It sorta sounds like autotune, but it also doesn't. lol.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT:
sounds like basshunter to me... very good!
Last edited by DarrenReeder at Jun 12, 2011,
I was expecting this to be really, Really Really, bad, but to my suprise it was kind of catchy.....

Totally could hear this in a anime ending possibly intro?

Haha, you're not alone. A lot of people told me they expected it to be bad. Sometimes mix of electronica and rock can result in really bad music. *cough cough* brokencyde *cough cough* And i can see that too actually.

Lose the auto tuned vocals and some of the keyboards. Then, more heavy guitar and you've got a great song!

The effect was actually not autotune (Ok, admittately i used very slight bit of pitch correction, but almost every song nowadays have it... the robotic sound isn't autotune. i'll be talking about this later). And i should try it you know. however my main genre isn't rock... But I should maybe make a different version later or something.

Really good man. Loved it. Is that autotune or another effect? It sorta sounds like autotune, but it also doesn't. lol.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT:
sounds like basshunter to me... very good!

Thanks! The robotic effect was a chorus effect actually, with REALLY heavy compression and reverb. There is pitch correction, but that won't make the robotic sound by itself.
I haven't checked out basshunter. ill check it out.

EDIT: I just checked them out. I wasn't expecting it to be honest... I mean nobody really talks about dance music here XD It's pretty good. Not my favorite but I like it. Does he produce all of his stuff?
Last edited by benmoon at Jun 12, 2011,