hey, so im not really sure where this thread should go, but anywyas....

im considering maybe saving up for a guitar with a floyd sometime soon, the only problem being is that id need to be able to switch between E standard and Drop D fairly quickly. so my question is if i got a guitar with a floyd, set it up for E standard, ad installed a tremel-no and a D tuner on the floyd like the EVH one would it work?

by this i mean, with the tremel-no i could quickly drop to Dwithout the sttrings going sharp and still use the floyd minus pulling up, right?

and when i convert back to standard, would i be able to do pull ups with the unit still attached to the floyd?
that should work considering you set it up correctly
justr be careful the tremelno is locked when you use the d tuna casue if not your going way out of tune
what do you mean by the tremelno being locked, because from what i understand theres 3 modes on the tremelno

1 free floating
2 blocked from pulling up
3 hard tail

i thought eithe modes 2 or 3 would work when the floyd is in drop D but not mode 1
for drop tuning tune the low E string to D with the fine tuner all the way out so when you tune back to E all you have to do is screw the tuner in about halfway
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Quote by Seanthesheep
hey, so im not really sure where this thread should go, but anywyas....

im considering maybe saving up for a guitar with a floyd sometime soon, the only problem being is that id need to be able to switch between E standard and Drop D fairly quickly. so my question is if i got a guitar with a floyd, set it up for E standard, ad installed a tremel-no and a D tuner on the floyd like the EVH one would it work?

by this i mean, with the tremel-no i could quickly drop to Dwithout the sttrings going sharp and still use the floyd minus pulling up, right?

and when i convert back to standard, would i be able to do pull ups with the unit still attached to the floyd?

in theory, yeah, but you'd have to route out under the d-tuna. plus you'd always have to remember to only use the d-tuna when you had the tremol-no in either hardtail or dive-only mode.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah... it's one of those things that's feasible if you really, really want it, but if you aren't sure, it's probably not worth the expense and bother.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well I think that Im sure enough that if I get a guitar with a floyd I will do these mods even if they are permanent/kill resale value.
Quote by Seanthesheep
well I think that Im sure enough that if I get a guitar with a floyd I will do these mods even if they are permanent/kill resale value.

That's good because they are/will. You'd prolly be better off buying a wolfgang because you know it's assembled properly and they're killer axes
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Honestly if I were you I'd think long and hard whether you need both Drop D and E Standard with a Floyd. You'll probably find that keeping the Floyd guitar in E Standard and another guitar in Drop D is a better way to go, especially if you've not used Floyds before. You may find you don't use it as much as you think you will, in fact I think most people do not make as much use of their trems as they first think. Or, Drop D and E Standard really aren't that different, you could just learn how to play everything in one. Or split the difference and try playing in D Standard.
Posting in here because I just installed a Tremel-no.
For the past 4 years I've been switching between Drop C and D standard, or Drop B and C# standard for the last year. Takes maybe a minute to switch, but I also never kept my nut locked. With a tremel-no it would take you seconds, but you'd be stopping yourself from pulling up in one of those tunings, yes.