Hello, I was wondering if it was possible/if anyone has ever had any experience with taking two single coil pickups and actually combining them so they could fit in a humbucker sized space. I'm pretty much looking to get a different sort of tone out of the neck p/up of my lp standard, and was contemplating taking a strat's middle and neck p/up and install them together in the neck spot, with possibly an additional 3 way switch to use them independently as well. I KNOW this is something many would consider blasphemous on a lp (and the obvious differences between a strat and lp, I have both) but at this point I am willing to experiment with something new because I've had this guitar for such a long time, I love it's feel, but I've gotten to the point where I'm finding it really difficult to dig it's tone anymore. I've tried coil tapped lps, and to me that's not the type of tone I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I'm closing this thread for 2 reasons.

1. Threads are required to have more descriptive titles. All threads named, need help or similar get closed.

2. This is a wiring question and you should use The Ultimate Guitar Wiring thread for all wiring questions.