So my valve junior is acting REALLY weird. It started making high pitched noises on and off, 1st it sounded like 1 frequency then it started to kinda sound like a frequency sweep, kinda like some kind of noise out of a sci-fi film. My first guess would be that its the tubes. I've had it for like 7 or 8 months and it has the stock tubes plus I bought it used from MF. So what is up with my amp?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
I'd suspect the tubes. However, without having it here to listen/troublshoot, that's merely a guess. You can either replace the tubes, or take it into a technician and have it checked out.
My guess is the tubes as well. I'm in the same boat with my Valveking (tons of feedback on the gain channel, had it for a year, bought it used).
Its not feedback though, I was letting it warm up, had my guitars volume all the way off and then out of no where it was an extremely high pitched noise. Also I'm not gonna take it to a tech, the only competent ones are like 50-ish miles away and then they'll be rather expensive.

Edit: It sounds like around 35-38 on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX27e9SrlfA
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Last edited by grungebaby at Jun 11, 2011,
That sounds like the tube has gone microphonic. Turn the amp on and tap the tube very gently with something innocuous and non-conductive (I'd use a pencil eraser). If it makes that whiny noise again, you've got a microphonic tube.

This should help you a bunch.
Just did it and nothin, no feedback and no sound coming through.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Like a tube came loose or a component? Either way I don't wanna take it to a tech.

Edit: I pushed the tubes in to make sure and the noise stopped
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Last edited by grungebaby at Jun 11, 2011,
So I did some modding and now I get no sound at all, unless I turn it up all the way and put my ear right next to the speaker then I can hear some VERY muffled and distorted sounds of my guitar. All I did was chang some resistor values. particularly
R7=jumped
R9=2.2k
R1=1M
R6=100k
original values: http://www.sewatt.com/files/sewatt/vj3.jpg
So did I screw something up or is it just the tubes now?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15