im sure that most of you open bananas from the stem end. you either use a knife or a fingernail to make a slit in the stem, or just kind of yank back and forth until the peel splits open. like this:

well let me tell you, you couldnt be more wrong. dont worry, im not hating. i used to be a poor misled sap like the rest of you until about a week ago. until i took a lesson from monkeys. maybe they like to throw their own feces, but in the case of opening bananas they couldnt be anymore on the money.

you see, monkeys open bananas from the other end. like this:

now you might be saying to yourself that 'ive know about this for years, this isnt new'. well shut up hipster, no one cares. you might also be saying to yourself, 'this is inconsequential and insignificant'. well let me tell you, next time you open a banana try it the monkey way. just barely pinch the brown knob end and it splits open. then pull the peel apart. its all one swift motion. no yanking, no mushing of the banana.

for a better explanation, refer to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng.

no go forth, and never open bananas incorrectly again!
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
You also have a nice convenient handle so you can hold it similar to the way posh folk hold a wine glass.

But I knew about this before it was famous *puts on scarf*
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
i was informed of this like ten years ago
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
B-b-but, why LORD, WHYYYYY????
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
I've known this for eons OP.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I love bananas I used to eat them all the time.....................................then my mom got a job. But thanks for that tidbit.
Like you noted TS, I knew this already.

Problem is, opening it like that gives the bad end to start with. The bit that's all blackened and mushed. I'll continue opening it wrong, thank you very much.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
In 5th grade I decided to open a banana the monkey way because, well, I was in 5th grade. My life has been different ever since. It's so much easier.
it's easier to just pull down on the stem, that way you don't get your fingers all banana-gooey.
Wut. I've eaten bananas like that since forever. Who the hell would be stupid enough to try to open them from the tougher, stem side?
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by MAC2322
Wut. I've eaten bananas like that since forever. Who the hell would be stupid enough to try to open them from the tougher, stem side?

It's easier to get into. I don't know why anyone would do it how TS described (using a knife/nail), but from my experience it opens perfectly if you just pull back on the stem, because that causes a split. If you continue pulling, it peels itself.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Kilobyte
It's easier to get into. I don't know why anyone would do it how TS described (using a knife/nail), but from my experience it opens perfectly if you just pull back on the stem, because that causes a split. If you continue pulling, it peels itself.
I use my teeth. It takes probably less than a second, and I don't get any of the mushy black stuff because it gets pinched off.
If knowing about this for years makes you a hipster, consider me Neutral Milk hotel.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I don't see how monkeys could open a banana this way, considering bananas don't occur in nature. They were bred by humans, relatively recently. Bananas are the in-viable offspring of two species of plantain.
I hate bananas.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
or you can take the stem and crack the banana like a whip thus opening the top whilst making you look likea bad a$$ mother fu**er
I've always done it this way, I thought this was the normal way to do it.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by TheSPillow
I've always done it this way, I thought this was the normal way to do it.

Then you sir are most likely a monkey
You only JUST realized we should listen to the monkeys?

Shit TS you have much to learn
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated