Hello fellow UGers,

I'm planning on buying a new amp, and I'll just use the checklist from the sticky.
Budget? - My budget is around 300-800 euro's. I've got 300 now, but can lend/work for an extra 500, but anything more than 800 is a no go.

Genres? - I'm still experimenting on genres, but mainly the heavier stuff (metal, metal core, post-core, post-rock, ...), so I don't really need cleans, but I do need a decent overdrive/distortion.

New or Used? - Depends, I live in Belgium, and there aren't alot of 2nd hand shops here, even on the internet.

Home or Gig? - Preferably usable for both, but I mainly need it to rehearse with our band and I need it for gigs later on, so it really has to be loud enough, but don't overdo it. The gigs won't be fancy stuff, so it'll be just the drum, and some amps.

Closest City? - I live in Belgium, West-Vlaanderen, yet nobody probably knows where that is, so it probably doesn't matter .

Current Gear? - Cort KX5 (decent guitar) and Roland cube 20x (basic starter amp)

I tried an Orange Thunder 30C at the store and I was really surprised of how loud it was, and I consider that one, but it's expensive, and not good-looking, so I was wondering if you guys could give me some alternatives. Preferably tube amps, since I've heard that transistor amps aren't decent enough... Yet tubes are more expensive, so just tell me what you think of it

Thanks, bauwke

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
guitarcenter will be of no use, since he is belgian...

look into a Bugera 6262 or 333XL, affordable and great distortion. and since u claim to like post-rock, decent cleans will definately be a must. 333XL has better cleans tho.

it will definately be loud enough for gigs, rehearsal and practice.

and look into the site thomann.de, great store (IMO) and delivers (mostly) within a week, for customers within europe.

and yes, i do know where west-vlaanderen is :P there's plenty of fairly big city's there, there should be something in antwerpen, gent or brugge?

gear
-Richwood: stratocaster
-Ibanez: RG7321
-Fender: Fm 212R
-Line 6: Floorpod
-Epiphone: G-400
-Squier: P bass
-ESP: LTD MH-50NT
Quote by AAleadguitar

yeah you pretty much can't get b52 outside the USA.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
since I can't get those B52s, anyone else got any advice?
@Mprinsje: Yes, there are some good musicstores in antwerpen and so on, but no stores known outside of belgium so thanks, I'll look in on the bugeras

Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Je kan altijd eens gaan kijken bij Key Music in Kortrijk (goeie service en goeie prijzen). Om versterkers uit te testen is Piens in Deinze ideaal maar die zijn meestal veel te duur (ben daar serieus afgezet een tijdje terug, mij zien ze daar niet meer terug!).

Bij Rudy's Music Shop in Oostende hebben ze ook wel goeie versterkers voor het zwaardere werk.
Bij Rudy hebben ze ook vaak 2de hands versterkers voor een zeer goede prijs (waaronder ook orange).

Echt versterks aanraden kan ik wel niet (ben meer een Bluesrock-man).

EDIT: (sorry for the Dutch but it's a bit retarded to talk in English to someone who speaks the same language xD)
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)
Last edited by Megendrio at Jun 12, 2011,
bedankt, kwas zeker al van plan te gaan kijken in Piens om de versterkers te testen, maar kzal ook eens rondkijken in Keymusic, aangezien ik zelf van kortrijk ben

Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Quote by Bauwke
bedankt, kwas zeker al van plan te gaan kijken in Piens om de versterkers te testen, maar kzal ook eens rondkijken in Keymusic, aangezien ik zelf van kortrijk ben

Haha xD Dan kan je inderdaad moeilijk anders.

ff een off-topic vraagje: zijn er in Kortrijk goede repetitieruimtes te vinden?
Kga volgend jaar aan de KULAK gaan studeren en we zouden tijdens de week dan repeteren in Gent of Kortrijk, maar aangezien je in Gent snel €100 voor 2 uur betaald zal het waarschijnlijk Kortrijk worden (indien we daar iets vinden).
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)
muziekcentrum track, de jamboxen, daar gaan wij nu een repetitieruimte huren, 10 euro voor 3 uur, 15 euro in een ruimte waar een mixer en 2 peavey monitors voorzien zijn, deze vakantie beginnen wij daar te repeteren, ik kan je laten weten of het de moeite is?

Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Dat zou fantastisch zijn moest je dat laten weten, dan kannek eventueel al eens in september gaan kijken.
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)
The bugera 6262 combo and the peavey 6505 combo look quite good, and are not that costy, will they be loud enough to do small gigs with?

Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
i'd go for the 6505 instead of the 6262 but both will easily do a small venue
Any other opinions?

Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
maybe look at ENGL, if you can't find any in belgium then its likely that you can find some in Koln/Cologne (don't know what you would call it) which is about 3 hours away by road, if you can get there. A gigmaster 30 or if you can find a second hand powerball or something would be amazing for you.

Also look at blackstar, bugera as mentioned and jet city with a distortion pedal