The guitar I have I spent a lot of money. I noticed today that the frets themselves are maybe 86-89 degrees on frets 19-24 (whereas the others are fine from what I've seen).

Should intonation take care of this? I'm not an intonation freak, but I play A LOT on the higher notes, sometimes they sound fuzzy/bad. Could it be possibly due to slightly off fret angling?

It's enough to notice it only if you look at it if that helps.
: )
some guitars have "fanned" frets, which is said to do a bunch of "better" stuff. however, that is on porpose and designe that way. its another story if frets were installed improperly are are not correctly spaced.

for example:
http://www.novaxguitars.com/

and you should take time to properly intonate your guitar. it is a very tedious process and can easily take 30 minutes or so, but it will make your guitar sound better especially on higher frets.

there is no point spending a lot on your guitar and knowing it doesnt sound as good as it could cause your too lazy. it really stupid kinda.
Quote by ikey_
some guitars have "fanned" frets, which is said to do a bunch of "better" stuff. however, that is on porpose and designe that way. its another story if frets were installed improperly are are not correctly spaced.

for example:
http://www.novaxguitars.com/

and you should take time to properly intonate your guitar. it is a very tedious process and can easily take 30 minutes or so, but it will make your guitar sound better especially on higher frets.

there is no point spending a lot on your guitar and knowing it doesnt sound as good as it could cause your too lazy. it really stupid kinda.

Why would you fan the frets? It looks like it'd be awkard to play to me.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
It is a little awkward to play but it makes for much better intonation. Earvana nuts give good intonation anyway though so yeah it does seem a bit pointless.

I think regular frets are meant to run 100% parallel to each other. There's probably a little margin of error allowed though. I doubt it's possible to have every fret totally perfectly angled so a little give must be allowed for. So long as your guitar doesn't sound out of tune or play badly, I see no problem.
I don't see how it's possible for frets to remain perpendicular over time unless there's a piece of carbon-fiber between the fretboard and the neck. Take it to an old, experienced guitar tech and see what he thinks.
I own a bunch of fanned fret guitars, and the aren't awkward to play unless you go for silly fans. The fan tends to facilitate and match the angle of wrist's rotation for the most part, and it's actually quite ergonomic. It's more expensive to produce, however, and faces a lot of myths and misconceptions.

Fanned frets are ergonomic in most cases and work wonders to make string tension and note separation right. They do not afftect intonation one bit - it's like a regular guitar. In spite of quite subpar sound (interface brainfarted and let us with only the cam mic to work with), you can see me playing one of mine here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0RdPY3xmI

Notice how I'm not doing anything special when playing it - it's a 25," to 27" fan there, so it's relatively mild while giving my low E and B strings a slight boost in tension that benefits note articulation a fair bit - that's Jaden's HT5, btw.
yeah actually if you think about it,fanned frets would make playing bar chords WAY easier. not sure about other stuff though. there is a whole sciene behind it.

but thats on porpose. its probably not good if your frets are crooked by accident
And..
True Temperment necks were drawn by a 5 year old on a napkin.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
And..

If the audience is paying attention to your fret wires your band is fücking boring and you need to find a new job.
Quote by Ultraussie
And..

Funny to see that Steve Vai trusts these necks with his life.
If you want true temperament play a keyboard.

Only thing that can be perfect on a equal temperament fretboard is the octave. The rest will be a few cents off but spread evenly. I tune my As to the open A string and fine tune the other octaves.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+