I'm not sure which to get. I need a pedal that can get that Muse soud, like on Hysteria. I want that same pedal to do something like just adding a little bit of dirt to my sound. I want something that is practical, versatile and easy to adjust also. If anybody has any other ideas for other distortion/fuzz pedals that would be great.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Big muffs are definitely the most common. Try googling his setup. That's how I found out what cliff Burton used.
If you've got a spare 700-1000 to blow on an Akai Deep Impact it'll get you that Hysteria sound. Then it'll probably break.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Chunky_Lover
I'm not sure which to get. I need a pedal that can get that Muse soud, like on Hysteria. I want that same pedal to do something like just adding a little bit of dirt to my sound. I want something that is practical, versatile and easy to adjust also. If anybody has any other ideas for other distortion/fuzz pedals that would be great.

as said in above post he uses(and just about every sound alike uses) a big muff. My suggestion is to use a big muff varent(english mnuffin germanium big muff etc) to try and get you on fuzzy tone.

as for the pedal mentioned. i didnt like ether one when i tried them out.
They have English muffins, and germaniums for bass? Or do you mean the guitar ones?
i have a guitar one and it cuts out the low end. There isn't much of a sound variety with it. I've heard similar things about the bass big muff... I was maybe thinking about the MXR Blowtorch. Opinions?
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
I've heard.a lot of good things about the blowtorch. There's also an mxr direct box w/ distortion.
You're never going to get the EXACT Hysteria tone, Chris ran two Muffs in stereo with different settings, so it's gonna be difficult to recreate. The closest you could get is a Russian Muff and a Jazz bass IMO.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by ETHANEVIL
They have English muffins, and germaniums for bass? Or do you mean the guitar ones?

The guitar ones. Use blend pedal and it will sound fine