http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/6262-INFINIUM.aspx

allegedly the new INFINIUM technology helps your tubes last 20 times longer? idk i always wanted a 6262 but this is throwing me over the edge. who calls bullshit?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I won't doubt that it aids in tube life, but 20 times seems like a stretched number for sales reasons.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i just keep wondering if in order to keep tube life long they're sacrificing something somewhere, but it hasnt been made apparent yet......and i wonder if they fixed those burnout problems before they add new technology, always better to fix the old technology
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Not as a guitarist but as a mathematician, because they say 'up to 20 times longer' that means they've probably taken the lowest average possible, or maybe even simply the shortest recorded lifespan of a tube, and then compared that to the longest lasting tube they've ever had with their technology, and the ratio between these two anomalies might well be 1:20, but it's almost certainly not that 'on average' in reality.
hmmmmm, I somewhat want to try one of this, basically it seems like a current controller, if it works great, but i sense that the tone of the amp may be threatened
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
Quote by theknuckster
Not as a guitarist but as a mathematician, because they say 'up to 20 times longer' that means they've probably taken the lowest average possible, or maybe even simply the shortest recorded lifespan of a tube, and then compared that to the longest lasting tube they've ever had with their technology, and the ratio between these two anomalies might well be 1:20, but it's almost certainly not that 'on average' in reality.

makes sense to mee
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
well im not sure about 20 times, but if the current is properly mananged then it could significantly increase life by not only making sure they are biased (will help a lot) but it says the load amongs them is constantly changed?

i dunno about all that, but it makes sense that if the tubes are being run the right way they WILL last longer. plus, i doubt bugera biased that well from teh factory anyways compared to high end amps like mesa or something.

so in a somewhat budget tube amp its probably a great system as long as its reliable.
I join in the calls of bullshit, but who cares? Nobody is really going to buy an amp just to extend tube life because anyone who plays those massive amps that much probably doesn't blink at buying new tubes.
It probably just keeps the tubes running at a cold bias.. Which will extend the life of the tubes, but you'll be sacrificing tone. A LOT of tone.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
My guess... they reversed engineered and copied Orange's DIVO technology.

If you don't see the INFINIUM technology being released in the UK... you know why.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
why does this matter? the tubes will die in a giant fireball anyway.
another thing, i would much rather see this technology on SMALL tube amps that people push hard on porpose.

not really any point on a big amp. its almost impossible to overdrive a 120 watt amp these days. the tubes in a 120 watt amp are not even going to be pushed hardly ever.

the tubes in a 2,5,10,15,20 etc watt amp are the ones getting the crap beat out of them.
the tubes won't last any longer because the amps will blow up at the same time they would have without that technology
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Maybe they're using flame resistant materials?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If they would bias the amp correctly out of the factory, than the original tubes would last 20x longer anyways. Screw this new technology, lets try doing something as simple as biasing an amp correctly.
/generic bugera statement
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal