Hey guys, well I'm stumped.

So I have a jackson kelly, and I had 12-52 sized strings on it tuned to C standard.
The action was quite low actually, the neck was dead straight, and there was only a little bit of buzz on the low C string on the 3rd fret, nothing major at all.

Now, I figured, these strings seem a TAD loose (I like stiffer strings), so I said to myself, let's go get some thicker strings, and off I went, came home with some 13-56's, and tuned 'er up.

Now, cleaned it up, and tuned it. However, I got a lot of buzz, I realize the tention of the neck was off, so I figured i'd wait for it to adjust. Hour or so later, the neck was STILL as dead straight as it was with the other strings.

I raised the bridge, and the only time I can get zero buzz is when the strings are REALLY far away, the action at the 12th fret is now like, a good 4 mm with no buzz.
WHAT THE HELL. Normally I'm pretty good when it comes to setting up, I tried adjusting the truss rod, put some relief, but now its still just as high, with like all the buzz moved to the 10-13 fret area.

I have no idea what to do right now, I can provide any information you need to help me out.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
you may need a truss rod adjustment because i dont believe that the neck should be "dead straight" there should be a little give on it if i am correct. thats what i think but you may need more information than i have
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
anyone else?

I have the action at the 12th fret at about 2.5 mm now on the bass side.

can anyone else help me out?
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
anyone else?

I have the action at the 12th fret at about 2.5 mm now on the bass side.

can anyone else help me out?

Isn't 2.5mm enough?

Anyway, it your getting fret buzz from these strings, I think that the strings are quite loose, the strings are too thick or there's a crapped out fret.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
2.5 mm over the 12 is still fairly high for me, maybe it's just the new strings, thanks for the help anyways, I've gotten it a bit lower, but any other help would be much appreciated.
ಠ_ಠ

Add a little neck relief. If it was already dead straight, and you added thicker strings, that's not good for your neck.

And just play with it a little. It'll probably take a little time. Add a little relief, lower the action a little, just play cat and mouse, and eventually you'll get it where you like it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Alright, I'll play with it some more when the strings finish stretching a bit, thanks for the help guys.
ಠ_ಠ