Page 1 of 4
Well to start, I was wondering what you guys think...
I've just started listening to a new band today called Sentenced and think they are epic, but now I'm under the influence and the songs I've heard sound even more appealing.
Why is this, I keep thinking??

And if I'm high then its similar but more to softer music like nirvana or I dont know, Alice in chains.

When do you like music most?
What songs do you guys like most when under the influence?
Sober > High > Drunk for me. I'm pretty unfocused whenever I'm high/drunk so that kinda ruins it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sober.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Robotripping > Weed > Drunk/Sober

Dxm makes music sound AMAZING
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
depends

in terms of appreciating the architectural beauty of a piece that isn't exactly good sounding, you have to be sober

in terms of appreciating anything that's by bob marley, you have to be high

and when you're drinking into oblivion, self-pitying emo music works well, although i'd prefer silence
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I find my normal music the best sober. However dubstep, which I don't normally listen to, is the most amazing thing ever while drunk.

EDIT: You can "hear" alot more stuff about the song while high, but that doesn't necessarily make it better, unless the music is trippy in the first place.
Last edited by Lost Dog at Jun 11, 2011,
Depends on if you're listening to the Grateful Dead.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Sober, usually. Though I remember once when I was pretty smashed and I heard "Still Got the Blues (For You)" by Gary Moore. I almost jizzed my pants because it sounded like the most epic thing I'd ever heard in my mind.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Sober for me, but I have that found that, while drunk, Pink Floyd's 'Darkside of the Moon' music along with the video of Red Hot Chili Peppers Live At Slane make a good combination
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
like i mean music is best appreciated sober like someone said, you can focus more, but like more fun when you think "**** turn it up" and sing along even more
just me then
I have no experince with the 'high' part, but I almost came when I listened to some tunes while really drunk.
Sober ≥ High > Drunk

When drunk, it's just about getting down with a girl, so musicianship takes a backseat.

Sober, I can fully appreciate things, and high I'm more accepting of other styles that I wouldn't normally be. Sometimes those feelings transcend the comedown, others do not.
Sober.

I find music to be pretty annoying when I'm drunk. I can't focus on it, so it's just noise. Never been high.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
When I'm sat on a quiet, warm beach in the evening on my own listening through headphones after a few beers.
Depends to what I'm listening to.

If its something like, say GnR then drunk would be my answer.

But something like, say Shpongle then I would love listening to it high.

But if its something like slow folk music then I'd probably enjoy it more sober.
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
guess its just the effect on the person, some songs by Buckethead are jizz enough for me
sometimes doesnt do it for me and hate listening to music when drunk as i cant keep up
Sober > Drunk.

But honestly, listening to your favourite song while shitfaced (good mood shitfaced, anyways) is one of the best things ever. So it's close.
When im drunk its either something like the offspring that everyone knows and can sing along to or some heavy as **** death metal, and i find that to be an amazing experience.

When im stoned music seems to take on new depths, but i tend to get distracted or zone out quite easily.

Sober is always nice just because its seems more real, and ill remember it much better haha
Quote by Duffman123
Sober -> Drunk.

Never been high

You're like UG's dubstep aficionado, and you've never blasted it high as shit?

WUB

WUB
I've never listened to music while high, but I know that staring at a shoe lace is a lot more interesting when you are higher than when you are sober. Naturally.
Music is always way better when I'm high.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by MangoStarr
Depends to what I'm listening to.

If its something like, say GnR then drunk would be my answer.

But something like, say Shpongle then I would love listening to it high.

But if its something like slow folk music then I'd probably enjoy it more sober.

As someone who frequents folk festivals, sober is not generally how that genre is enjoyed.

when you are blissfully numb. its a state of mind, not a physical condition. it doesnt necessarily have to include substance use. it certainly can though.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
last night i got to rave sober and it was magical. but i listened to colours with on the strongest red hellokitty thizzle ever, and it made me cry it was so beautiful. the great misdirect after smoking 4 joints with my best friend was absolutely unbelievable. i didnt listen to music the few times iv been drunk.....
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Comboed. High and drunk at the same time... it's like I become part of the music. You feel everything, it's incredible.

AGREED. Thats the time I listened to TfTO. I didn't like being cross-faded when there wasn't anything playing, but the music was incredible.
Quote by blake1221
You're like UG's dubstep aficionado, and you've never blasted it high as shit?

WUB

WUB

I know

Going to a dubstep set while high would be great; bass, weed and slow groovy music do go well together.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jun 11, 2011,
alot of you guys seems to choose high over drunk. for me it's opposite. sober, drunk and high. though being high isn't bad at all, I just cant focus on anything when high...
noob UG question but, i dont have my pic and stuff showing when i comment
why?
Quote by Duffman123
I know

Going to a dubstep set while high would be great; bass, weed and slow groovy music do go well together.

Well generally speaking, people roll (ecstasy) when they want to go to a rave/dubstep set.

But at home, kick back, light one up, put on your itunes visualizer, and enjoy.
Quote by Nick92Slayer
why?

Go to the control panel (link should be at the top of this page) and upload an avatar.

You should be asking in the noob/questions forum btw.

Quote by Nick92Slayer
why?

At the forum header up top, there's a control panel button. There you'll find how to change your avatar and sig and stuff.
Page 1 of 4