Hi All,

In the process of getting an amp. Might look at getting a Head and Cab instead of a combo. Thinking of something like the Carvin V3M, Vox Night Train, Marshall Haze or Mesa TA15 - not sure yet.

Anyway, If I go for a head (over a combo) what would you recommend as a good 1x12 Speaker cab ?

Not currently gigging so at the moment will be for home use. Dont think musical style matters for a cabinet but just in case I play classic (ie ACDC, Stones) to modern (ie Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy) type stuff. Currently located in Houston.

Would somehting like the Vox Night Train 112 NT 1x12 Cab they have be OK ? Open or Closed Back ?
Can't go wrong with an Orange PPC112 really.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

do you have a budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you have a budget?

I would like to get a either combo or Head/Cab for no more than $2000. Can go to $2500 but not ure I need to.
I know there's better cabs out there but my Blackheart BH112 cab has been very decent for the price.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Twistedrock
Can't go wrong with an Orange PPC112 really.

this or a mesa
Quote by Tiger17
I would like to get a either combo or Head/Cab for no more than $2000. Can go to $2500 but not ure I need to.

ah ok. you're not really on a budget then. I'd look into the more high-end brands to see if any of them do a nice 1x12 (that's if you decide to go the head + cab route)- or even consider a 2x12 if you have room.

Quote by OldRocker
I know there's better cabs out there but my Blackheart BH112 cab has been very decent for the price.

yeah i have an epi valve junior cab and it's very nice for the money too. certainly if you're using it with a lower wattage, vintage-voiced amp, it's great.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Krank Rev Jr 112.

Krank cabs boast one hell of a solid construction. Don't judge their cabs by the amps the produce.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
yeah aren't the krank cabs solid wood as opposed to ply?

though obviously preference will play a part as to which you prefer...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah aren't the krank cabs solid wood as opposed to ply?

Yes indeed. They are made of Poplar and loaded with 120w Eminence Legends (for the 1x12's, at least), so they can be used with higher wattage heads.

I use one with my JCA100h for recording.
yeah they are solid poplar and are loaded with eminence V12's , except the ninteen80 it has Governors.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Emperor ported 1x12 I had was absolutely the BEST 1x12 I've ever heard. That cab sounded GIANT; I actually preferred it over my Mesa 4x12.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Emperor ported 1x12 I had was absolutely the BEST 1x12 I've ever heard. That cab sounded GIANT; I actually preferred it over my Mesa 4x12.

Cant say I have heard of Emperor before. Will check them out. Even if I dont buy one of there cabs its always good to be aware of whats out there.
Quote by Tiger17
Cant say I have heard of Emperor before. Will check them out. Even if I dont buy one of there cabs its always good to be aware of whats out there.

They are a custom company.

I was so impressed with that cab that I sold my Mesa and bought one of their 4x12s
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Haha I know they're solid wood... but what wood I can't recall.

What I do know is... it feels dang solid... and helluva heavy.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?